Bionicle - Should It Be Remade?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tkemert20, May 7, 2010.

1. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I Have To Admit, Bionicle Had ALOT Of Potential For A Film, But...It Sucked...And Three Crappy Movies Later, Bionicle Reaches It's 10th Year And Faces Cancellation. I Don't Think Anyone's Made A Thread About This, So, Post Your Opinions About If It Should Be Remade, How It Should Be Approached, Who Should Make It, etc.

Honestly, I Think Dreamworks Could Make A Pretty Cool Adaptation Of Bionicle! Also, These Designs Are Very Cool, Realistic Versions Of Bionicle Characters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    After Being a long time fan of the series: No. The series ended with any visual aid winter 2009-2010, so I don't think so.

BB28

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It's too big a story to successfully condense into a 2 1/2 hour flick. A TV series, maybe, but Bionicle didn't work as a movie because it relied too much on the audience filling in the gaps from other sources.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I think it could be pulled off pretty good. It could be pulled off even better as a TV show as Wheeljack_Prime pointed out. It's a great concept, has a great mythology behind it, interesting characters. I'd watch it.

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    #7 in the second photo looks exactly like bayformers megatron or is it just me?

6. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I'd preffer live action... Probably cuz I just Iron Man 2 though...

7. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I'd say no, if only because I just don't think it could be done well.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    While I'd love a film that wasn't restricted to the straight-to-dvd kinda limitations I don't see it happening. Like someone else said, I think the reason why the four movies we did get weren't super spectacular to anybody under the age of 12 was because Bionicle is such a heavily fiction based franchise. Between web serials, animated shorts, podcasts, books, comics, guides, and the occasional character-blog-type thing they ran on the website there was just so much story that straight movies couldn't do a good job of it.

If they remade it though I'd like if they went with Lego's original plan for the series if it had tanked in 2001 (at least according to what GregF had posted on BZP some months ago), just tell the 2001 story with the 2008 ending, we learn Mata Nui is a giant robot, etc.

9. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a Bionicle movie, Dreamworks could pull it off but knowing them they'd get a bunch of big celebrities to do the voice acting to make people more intrested in it.

But A tv series would work a bit better.

10. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Person On Deviantart Said That He Wanted To Give The Bionicles The "Transformers" Treatment. Oh, And BTW, It's Teridax.

Yeah, A TV Show Would Also Work. But I Was Thinking Something Along The Lines Of Multiple Films, One For Each Series.

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, I always wanted a movie with the Toa Mata first arriving on Mata Nui, though like said above a TV show would be better.

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope. With the toyline dead, I say just let the series as a whole be dead. Not to mention there isn't that big of an interest from kids who got into it in the later years, and forget about them since no new ones are coming out.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    QFT. I don't think it would have wide enough appeal to be successful at the box office. The toy line has run its course. The direct-to-DVD titles were okay for what they were, but I don't think a feature film is the answer to help revive the franchise.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly I think the franchise needs a break anyway. Greg said that they weren't permanently getting rid of it either, and the reason the story material is going to continue for two more years is because Lego might bring it back. They are keeping their rights to the franchise name fresh though, as evidenced by the Bionicle logo appearing on the Hero Factory boxes.

I think all that might depend on how successful Hero Factory is, but wait and see as usual.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    You raise a good point here. I haven't followed Bionicle fiction in recent years (since about the time of the Metru Nui stories) is because the release of fiction is so scattershot. Comics, online games, junior novels, films, etc. It's so hard to keep track of it all. They really should have confined it mostly to one medium.

16. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

A show would be better, akin to Clone Wars.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No. The Bionicle toyline is dead, the storyline has been going downhill, and with Hero Factory coming out, it would honestly be really pointless.

Now, if Bionicle ever came back, would I like a movie? Yeah, sure, as long as it's better than TLR.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  18. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a well done movie. The only movie I liked was the very first one, and as a recent viewing of it has revealed, my memory of it was much better than the movie itself.

We're probably going to get a movie for Hero Factory, but that seems so entirely devoid of story that it would most likely be terrible.

I still think that a Bionicle cartoon would have been great. Perhaps a "srs business" cartoon movie like the folks at DC have been putting out lately, or maybe an anime in the style of Gotham Knight. It would at least be visually impressive.

Seeing what Japan would do with Gali is an amusing mental image, but that is beside the point.

In short, hell yeah I'd watch a new Bionicle movie, it it were done by the right people.

19. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    NO! But it's good for a TV show with Hugo Weaving voiced as Matuka Teridex.

20. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I personally thought that Lee Tocker did a fine job for Teridax. I didn't like the slo-mo voice effect they gave him in LoMN though. Made him sound dopier.