Bionicle set value question

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by HeroicC300, Oct 26, 2011.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, so I have a full set of Toa Mata, Turaga and Mctoran (and enough parts to make about eight more canonical characters) plus a full set of Borhok.

How much would it be worth if I ebayed the lot?

2. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Yikes. I'm estimating up to $200, but nothing more.

I recommend you sell the Mata in a lot for $80, the Borhok for $60, the McToran for $50, and the Turaga for $60. That is IF you wanna get them sold. It really isn't a bad price. I'm considering doing the same.

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Okay. I tend to start my stuff around $20-$30, so I hope to spark a bidding war.

I'll split them up like you suggest. Also, I have a few Borhok-Kal, Rakshi and Toa Nuva that I'm selling as well.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Each Toa would run about $10-$15 depending on which Toa (Tahu is in more demand, for example), each Turaga about $7-$10. Ironically your real money is in the Mctoran, who I've seen go between $3-$15, again depending on which character. The Bohrok again are about $7-$10 each, so I think $200 is a very fair estimate.

5. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Wow....

So, starting them at $20 for Turaga/Borhok and $30 for Mctoran (one of which I need to fix) and Toa is a real good deal?

6. EmperorDinobot

I say do something more generalized. I usually like putting my stuff on both buy it now and auction style, y'know, to give people options.

7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Okay, so I've got two of my Rakshi rebuilt (just missing the gears). How much do they go for?
    It's Gaarakh and Parakh.

Also, what's Gali's individual value?

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    You mean Guurahk and Panrahk?

About $10 each on ebay. About $5 on sites like Bricklink. Ditto Gali.

9. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Yea.

Okay. Odds of a bidding war?

I'll sell Gali with Kopaka and Lewa once I rebuild them, and sell the sets by order of Kaita combinations.

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Not extremely likely. These things aren't exactly in super high demand.

Also if you have any other Bionicle related questions swing by the official thread. There's more people in there to help.

11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Okay. Well, worth a shot.

12. EmperorDinobot

They aren't in high demand because Lego produced BILLIONS of these figures. Remember back in the day when these were released? They came a-plenty! If anything, I think you'll get more for the Turaga and the McToran than for the Toa (Provided that the Turaga and McToran are complete, and that the rubberbands on the Turaga aren't worn).

Personally, you should sell them by bundles of 6. 6 Toa, 6 McToran, 6 Turaga.

As for the Rahkshi, those aren't rare at all, and nobody really likes them. Yours are missing pieces, as well. I've had a really hard time selling my three Rahkshi, and they are complete, canisters and instructions included.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Except for all those people that really like them.

14. EmperorDinobot

I don't know any. Those sets are clones, and do nothing but swing their torso side to side. Even the Vahki have more functionality, despite being clones, as do the Bohrok. The Rahkshi look ridiculous when they transform (they transform into Speeder bikes...which don't look like anything, just them with the legs folded up). My theory is that if anyone claims that they like and want Rahkshi, it's out of completion needs.

15. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    *raises hand*

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Right, because nobody could ever have *gasp* different interests than you! Perish the thought! How could one ever concievably disagree with your esteemed opinion.

Also, you compare them to Vahki AND Bohrok, which are even more clones than the Rahkshi (which at least have the different spines in addition to unique weapons) and you say they are less functional than the Vahki? Bull, they're exactly the same, just with more posability.

And in all your ranting and raving did you ever think, hmmm, maybe peple don't care about the fact that they're clones? Maybe they like the standard Rahkshi design, which was not only the first design to introduce ball jointed necks, but knees as well. Maybe nobody bought them for the 'transformation' gimmick nobody remembers?

17. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Methinks he be trolling.

I'll need to take pics, but these guys'll go for a $20 lot on Ebay together. I have no desire to try and dig up all parts for the connectors. So they'll be all black.

18. EmperorDinobot

Dude, wtf? I didn't mean to hurt any feelings or anything. You're blowing my opinion way out of proportion. Chill out. I don't like the Rahkshi. That's it. Period. It ends there. Grow up. If you like them, that's fine. I never said you shouldn't. Jesus. I wasn't trying to troll or pass off as offensive. Read my post(s) again. Just stating an opinion. Quit being so defensive for no reason. :|

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    1, 2, 3... 16 seperate sentences to tell me to chill out?

Nice to meet you Mr. Pot, I'm Mr. Kettle, I will be telling you why what you said was not just "stating your opinion." You were pretty aggressively stating it, and saying that the only people who could like, I'm sorry, "claim" to like them are compeltionists. You pretty much did say no one should like them. And don't tell me to "grow up." Again, pot, meet kettle.