Bionic Commando™: Rearmed

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gears, Aug 15, 2008.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

You can do it either way on the 360. Just use your credit card for MS Points, or for those people who don't have a credit card for one reason or another, they can go down to the store and buy a points card. Same setup with the Wii too.

As far as I know, the PS3 is the only one lacking an option for those without credit cards to purchase things with a pre-paid card.

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best thing I have bought from PSN yet!

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    You can refill points with your credit card on the console on 360 too. The difference is that the prices are in $5 increments on PS3. On 360 it's 500 points, 1000 points, 2000 points, etc. BUT, those don't correspond to the price of games. Most games are $5 or $10, which is 400 or 800 points. Microsoft's point cards in stores are 400, 800, 1600, etc, which corresponds closer to the price of games without having leftover points.

The other (more important IMO) reason is that the point cards in stores are frequently on sale, which translates to free games. A few months ago people were getting 1600 point ($20) cards for 5 bucks at Target by combining a sale with a coupon.

Since Sony doesn't have point cards in stores (yet...they're coming), there's no opportunity for sales there.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Super Joe's machine gun is awesome. Also this game has made me realize I need a bigger TV.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I'm kinda pissed. I'm going through on easy first. I got everything but Joe's Machine Gun Upgrade and an enemy. I go find out where the upgrade is and where I find the last enemy... Well the last enemy isn't in the Easy setting. Crap! Now I'm not going to get the database achievement.

Oh well I'm going to play some more, get my Area 5 speed achievement and the upgrade and get two more achievements. Then later I'll try to find the other 5 Yakoshis. Got 7 so far.

Got my Pacifist and Clean as a Whistle achievements fairly easy.

6. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Agreed. The upgrade really kicks it up a notch. Much better than the one in the original game.

Is anyone trying to finish the challenge missions for the achievement? Here's some advice before you try plowing through them like I did. Wait until you get them all opened up, then try the last one. That should help you decide if it's worth it. This shit's insane.

7. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

Well, beat it today, and I must say that it was a satisfying game experience. I never could beat Bionic Commando back in the day so for me to be able to finally do it was awesome. They should definitely redo more games like this.

8. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    agreed! I would love to see a contra game like this.

9. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which enemy was not in easy mode?

10. rattrap007

News Credits:
    the copter droid on area 5 (the construction site)

11. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah. I wish some of the cool bosses from the NES version were in here. Like that dude with the shield and the long grappling arm and the big Cyborg boss dudes...And I miss the reactors that you had to blow up at the end of every stage...

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I found the Wilhelm Scream the other day playing the game. Go against a truck. When you blow up the Motorcycle at the end listen for it. I heard that and at first I thought I was dreaming. Got hit with another truck a little later and heard it again. Each Time I hit the motorcycle I heard it. Priceless.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

got some serious coop time this weekend, it rules.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well I'm kinda ticked at myself. On sat I got all but one of the Yasishis and turned off the game came back yesterday and realized I hadn't saved it. I know where the one I was originally missing is now. It is the Sub Base level one and it is a bitch! I've gotten almost close once. The first part where you come cross the series of light poles is where it is. it is above that. So you got to grapple to a lamp post, pull yourself up and hit the next one then the next one then hit the platform and get the yasishi.

I WILL have that achievement...

then I can go and play on normal and try to get all databases.... screw even attempting the challenges...

15. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I got it, liking it it so far. I never really played the NES one so this really is a new experience for me.

16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    mother1239568@#%)(*^ingballs.

Has anyone gotten whatever upgrade is in the bottom right tunnel (I disremember which two levels it's between, it's the one that's in the lower right of the map screen and involves vector beam switches. I closed the game and I'll be damned if I'm opening it up again right now), and what the hell do you do to get it? I've gotten physically to the end of the level, escaped out the other side of the tunnel and all, but what/where do you do whatever with those switches to get whatever you're supposed to get down there? I quaked with silent rage when I swung my way over to the door and found it just dumped me out of the level instead of taking me to an upgrade.

17. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't figure out how to do online multiplayer on the PSN. I was logged on, definitely had an internet connection, and I couldn't find any option or setting in the game to play online. Help?

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, after you hit all the switches, get near the end where there are several moving platforms over one another and you have to duck and avoid the spikes and such, but instead of climbing to the top one, swing from the bottom one over to the right where a new moving platform should have spawned from activating all the switches. That leads you to the upgrade, which is an item that is supposed to make an icon show up whenever you are near a secret area in any given level. It doesn't seem to work properly for me all the time though.

19. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I was on the first part of the Albatross the other night, and pulled the switch down to start the machinery. Made my way to the rotating platforms, went to grapple my way up, and it wouldn't stick to the platform. WTF?! I couldn't go anywhere else, so I ended up just turning the game off.

Yeah, I miss the reactors. I was hoping there would be one in Area 12 or the Albatross.

20. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Was frustrating myself on the albatross last night, too. Got to the bit where you're on the exterior with all the flipping platforms. To hell with that crap, is all I have to say.