Binary Domain

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Feb 28, 2012.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well the game come out today.

For a quick explanation of what it is...

3rd person cover shooter that focuses on blasting down waves of robots. The story is about a robot rebellion thats seeking equal rights or something like that. The story seems to be decently thought up. Players can issue basic commands to their NPC squad mates and depending on the responses players give to their squad mates and effect their loyalty where they either comply with your commands or say "f*** off" and not obey.

Playing the demo, I quite enjoyed the combat as it was constant and aggressive . Similar to Dead Space, "tactical" dismemberment is how you proceed to fight these enemies. Enemy robot limbs will blow off, they're crawl to you to strangle you and hold you in place. With the aggression I see, I can certainly say that the enemy want you dead and will go to lengths to make sure they can do it.

I wanted to mention this game as well so that it doesn't get overshadowed by Mass Effect 3. I think for shooter fans it's worth checking out and I will be buying it today or tomorrow.

2. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

game looks interesting but i might just wait till it comes down in price, from what i read sounds like a mixture of terminator, Battlestar Galactica and Gears of War, when i saw the trailer i was thinking the corporation Amada, sounds like a palindrome of Adama.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Yah I'm definitely wanting to check this one out

I ain't rushin out to buy it, savin my cash for mass effect, but it does look real interesting to me!

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well i have the next few days off so i think ill pick this up. have me something to do until mass effect comes out

[i can always trade this in i suppose when im done with it]

but looks like you have it already Fulcrum. whatcha think of it?

Looks like its gotten some pretty positive reviews from what ive seen, so thats good.

I'm all for sci-fi robotty action! [and the demo wasnt half bad either]

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Beat this last night. Actually really enjoyed it. Had some pretty damn satisfying shooter gameplay.