Binaltech's Worth Getting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Feb 11, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well Kiss Players has really peaked my interest again in the whole Alt/BT craze and as such I've now been going back and picking up some BT's I passed on the first time around. Laserwave and another Smokescreen arrived this past week, now I'm just looking back and the only ones I'm missing are:

- Lambor
    - Streak
    - Swindle
    - Grimlock
    - Overdrive
    - Wheeljack
    - Blue Prowl
    - Skids

As well as all the BTA series.

My question is since I also own all the Alternator versions of these guys, which of the above BT/BTA counterparts is worthwhile picking up?

I guess my shortlist would be, Wheeljack, Streak, and BTA Sunstreaker, there ones I've been sitting on for a long time now. Ones like Swindle and Overdrive dont interest me much if at all too.

Any comments/opinions on which ones are worth picking up?

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

You should get BTA Broadblast and BTA Red Alert. These two are not available as alt and I would have gotten them if not for their high price online.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    All of them.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm a diecast lover, so I'd go with all of them. If you're down with the plastic, then Alts are just as good. Round out the characters with the two BTAs, and you're good to go.

5. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Overdrive is far superior to Windcharger because of the gun barrel thing.

Do NOT invest in Binaltech Prowl! The mirrors are extremely fragile and in some cases don't even survive shipping without breaking off.

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I only have one BT, yellow Tracks, so I can't speak from much first hand experience as to which BTs are must-haves. I have been told by a friend, though, that the Blue Prowl is a good choice.

EDIT: After seeing Paladin's post, you may want to take his info. under consideration :D 

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've had no problems with my BT Prowl. :p 

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the regular BT Prowl and it seems fine QC wise, never had any problems.

And I would love to get them all but unless I win the lottery, its not happening. Especially not really considering any BTA's except Sunstreaker, dont like Broadblast at all and having seen Alert up close as well I'm not really willing to drop major cash on him either. Would hands down go for Streak over Alert, as Silverstreak has definitely become one of my more favorite Alts.

9. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

BT Blue Prowl
    BT Yellow Tracks
    BTA BroadBlast
    BTA Red Alert
    BTA SunStreaker

Those are the ones I would get(which I have) since their paint schemes are not available in the Alternator line, plus some of them are different characters.

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Here's my list of BTs that are significantly (way) better than their Alt counterparts:

Sunstreaker
    Windcharger
    Meister (the white one ROCKS!)
    Lambor
    Smokescreen
    Kiss Prime
    Wheeljack

Here's my list of BTs that are pretty much identical to their Alt counts, or at least close enough to not drop the dough:

Silverstreak (the silver paint on the Alt is almost identical in appearance to the BT's painted diecast)
    Grimlock (ditto for the silver paint)
    Ravage Vette (black is one color plastic does very well, and the finish is very convincing)
    Deadend (ditto for the black plastic)

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just to comment quickly, I really gotta disagree with ya Cheebs over Dead End being identical to the Alt one. I have both and I really think the BT one trounces his Alt counterpart. The BT paint just looks so much more beautiful. The differences arnt as night and day like on BT Smokescreen and KP Convoy but I still think the differences are significant.

Wile were on the subject, how is the QC on Wheeljack? He and BTA Sunsreaker are the big two I'm really looking at right now but I hear Wheeljack really has some problems, can anyone elaborate on this?

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

my wheeljack was fine, and as far as the bta's go, you've GOTTA get alert and do a headswap to give him a head that looks like prowl. other bt's I'd suggest from your list, if you've already got the alt. ones are:

- Streak
    - Overdrive
    - Wheeljack(but only because of the difference between white painted metal and the plastic in alts)
    - Blue Prowl
    - Skids

I really don't like the lambor mold, and the jeep mode is annoying in the bt line because of how far forward the front of the car sits while in bot mode. it does make him a bit hard to balance.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I dropped mine top side down, and that cracked my tail wing in half, it was about a 3 feet drop if not more onto wooden floors, no damage to the rear view mirrors

14. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Red Meister (Zoom Zoom) FTW! Can't believe no one's mentioned this guy yet.

15. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I personally dig the BT Shockwave/Laserwave. The metal flake that the diecast and paint job have on him makes the guy look that much cooler.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Def get the BTAs and BT blue prowl. He is very nice looking as is alert and sunny. Overdrive is Mucho better then Windcharger...I would get him too, as well as lambor...nice red paint over red plastic.

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmmm, I'm surprised at all the love towards the BTA's, out of the whole line BTA's have interested me the least.

18. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well...there's the Red Jazz, Yellow Tracks, Blue Prowl, BTA-1, BTA-3.

I would think those are the 'essentials'.

Personal favorites: BT Wheeljack -- nice 'n bulky and BT Shockwave -- love the way they purple him up.

19. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    If you have the Alternator line I would skip BT Tracks, BT Swindle and BT Hound. Side by side with their Alt counter-parts, it is very hard to tell them apart.

You could also skip BT-Grimlock, both versions are very similar in color but the wheels and engine are slightly different.

20. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i definately agree on dead end, the takara version is tons better than the hasbro

wheeljacks problems are thus
    while he looks pretty kickarse, his stripes come off easy, the doors and sometimes legs pop off during transformation, and the turning of his waist in transformation is annoying, also mines headlight popped out :( 

is the Jaguar Ravage getting a US release later? they should have come out w/ him to begin w/ over the corvette

they should also have made like an H2 or Ford Lightning Megatron....