Binaltech Wheeljack or Alternator Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transmetropolitan, Aug 4, 2007.

1. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Can't decide which one to get. Alternator is a fare bit cheaper, but I like the diecast. I have a combination of both making up collection. Pros/Cons?

2. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

BT wheeljack has a painted face and a chrome gun, but ALT Wheeljack has more paint on his lower arms.

Car modes are virtually identical. ALT Wheeljack's white plastic blends well with the roof paint.

That mold is prone to having loose hip joints, so your BT wil probably be floppy in that area, since it's a lot heavier.

Check both galleries on the site for a good look.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The difference with the car modes is that the white base colour on the Alternator is (mostly) the plastic it's moulded in, whilst on the Binaltech it's entirely painted.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  4. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the BT. The head has an extra molded "neck" that doesn't give him the floating head look of the Alt.

5. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    BT Wheeljack/Grimlock have barely any diecast. Most people do say that the BT Wheeljack looks much better than Alt Wheeljack.

6. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I've been thinking this one over myself lately....I'm glad somebody brought it up. Wheeljack is one of the only ALT/Binals I don't have. Someone said that the hips are loose...does that go for both Variants?? Or just the Binaltech?

7. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I prefer the alt cause i like that they are more plastic and more giveway when transforming them. My one bt i have is misb and all the ones i get i plan on keeping them that way.

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It goes for every version of every character with the Mustang mold. Fortunately, balljointed hips are the EASIEST thing in the world to tighten with Fewture or Superglue.

OP: BT Version for sure

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    MY BT version is perfect. my box got brooken in the mail but the fig is perfect and has stiff joints (only transformed once. I want a boxed one though.