Binaltech update from Ichikawa

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Thanks to Doug Dlin:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.toys.transformers/browse_frm/thread/571866b680301c67/

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder how many posts it will take until we get the first "OMG! Binaltech is finished! I want to DIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!" post.

3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Well it looks like it only took one with yours :D 

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't get it? alternators are done with? or just binaltechs? or both? i am so lost.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure. It really depends if Hasbro and Takara use the same molds. It was my understanding that plastic and metal used two different molds. If so, Hasbro can keep on going even without Takara's help offsetting the mold costs.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn... This is not good...

If the BT/BT* does end, Hasbro's on their own for ALT design right??? Unless by a stroke of luck Hasbro hires the Japanese design team???

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well seeing as how takara cancelled Ginrai and Hasbro has molds planned after Prime

id say Alternators will still be a' comin [we still have Mirage, Rumble, cadillac, and no doubt a nice slew of repaints to follow]

8. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:

No.

Takara designs EVERYTHING. They only toys they haven't designed that are Transformers are Energon Grimlock and Swoop and Kicker and Highwire. And the Star Wars TFs, which were done by the Star Wars design team. Animorphs too.

Yes, Takara even designed Beast Machines.

Not to sound like an asshole or anything, but I dunno why everyone doesn't know this by now, given how many times (especially recently) this has come up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Or better, Hasbro AND Takara design everything (sans the examples you gave, and excluding Japanese-only toys such as THS) TOGETHER.

10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

If you want to be anal about it they design them together but its Takara that engineer the toys ;) 

The Takara-Tomy merger is a big thing and a lot of departments will be going through major reorganisations, the postponemnet/lack of BTs coming out isnt anything to worry about imo. There will eb a number of little internal power struggles going on at the moment but BTs are a profitable line. I dont doubt they will re-emerge soon enough, expecially with the alternator line hoting up.

11. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I meant. It is a bit more skewed toward the Takara side, though. They pretty much design the toys with just general sketches and designs from Hasbro.

It just seems people don't give Takara the proper credit or automatically assume that Takara has NOTHING to do with a line that they themselves aren't releasing in their own market.

But hey, back on topic. This isn't really anything I'm gonna lose sleep over. I dun buy BTs or most of Takara's TF stuff anyway lol.

12. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Well, the one good official TF storyteller to come out of Japan is no longer telling official TF stories.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    What I meant was IF the BT/BT* line does end, since Takara and Hasbro work together on the design and engineering, would that make Hasbro solely responsible for the design and engineering of the line if Hasbro continues the ALT line...

With the slimming down of Takara after the merger, I am concerned about whether or not Takara will continue to help design and engineer TFs that they themselves no longer sell...

14. Nevermore

News Credits:
    It's not that simple either. From what I've been told, the coopertaion between Hasbro and Takara is closer at each level, and the influence from both sides depends on each individual toy.

Also, see here:
    http://www.tfu.info/issue12/aaronsdesk.htm

Depends on whether the e-Hobby exclusives are continuing or not.

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Oh everybody knows, but there's a massive denial on this board over Takara's involvement. Everyone wants to believe Takara is just the leech.

16. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Whoever designed the horrible shoulders on ALT Prime and wheels for kneecaps on ALT Mirage is not a good design team. I hope that was Takara that designed that. I hope Hasbro doesn't go the old route of making the car trasnformations a matter of "Pull out arms, Pull out legs, Drop down hood, and voila another crappy transformation".

17. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Maybe I can inject some optimism into this thread-

if the BT line gets cancelled, there's still a chance that they could sell plastic Alts over there instead of the die-cast BTs.

And if there's an Alternators OVA or comic book, they might still contact him for help. Feel better?

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Yay another Hasbro VS Takara thread, joy :horse:  :rolleyes2  :redface2:  :rolleyes2 

Well this is a bummer, I suspect BT/BTA is done for good at this point, if were lucky we might see an announcement in the future.

At least we had a good run with it, and on the positive side it looks like we have enough to get Alternators through 2006 with moulds, repaints, and possible combo repaint/remoulds at any rate with or without Tomy/Takara involvement.

19. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The legs on Mirage at the 2006 Toyfair are mistransformed... At least according to the prototype pics... :thumbs2: 

Also, Takara AND Hasbro design and engineer the BT/ALT line...

20. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Despite how ominous this news possibly is for BT, I still think as others have hinted, it is the probable downsizing and restructuring the merged company is going through right now.