Binaltech Suberu mold question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Oct 31, 2008.

1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I've heard the reviewers on youtube saying how the Suberu Mold is the best of the Binaltech/Alternators line, so when I saw a MISB Binaltech Alert going cheap I jumped at the chance to get it.

I'm finding that unlike my other BTs and Alts when I transform Alert into car mode it's like he's two halfs of a car, not a solid peice like my other BT's and Alts. The tabs that clip the front and rear together just don't hold. and the rear of the car keeps spliting into the seperat legs. Is the Suberu mold not all its made out to be or is the some other problem going on here with my Red Alert?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Could just be mold degradation. The mold had seen a fair bit of use by the time they got around to Red Alert.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe it's a problem with BTA Alert alone, mine has the same problem. My BT Smokescreen GT doesn't have the problem, nor does Alt Silverstreak, Ricochet and Smokescreen; I can't speak for the recent BT Bluestreak though.

My BTA Sunstreaker, which is contemporary to BTA Alert, seems to suffer from mould degradation also, although it's much less severe.

4. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BTA Alert is the worst of the subaru molds as far as quality goes, at least mine is.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all of the Subaru molds....the only one that I have a problem with is BTA Alert The problem is the relatively similar to what you describe plus one of the rear doors likes to pop off. I had another BTA Alert but one arm was highly defective. Both of them came like this. I have the BT Bluestreak and it is doing alright in terms of putting it back into car mold.

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    My BT Alert is a fiddly, misaligned mess. His right shoulder is super floppy as well and droops something fierce. While it may be a problem specific only to the Alert mold, I would STILL say that the use of ratchets and updated locking present on the similar-but-different Mazda mold would make it a superior mold anyway.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    You heard wrong. The Imprezza mold isn't bad, but it's definitely not as well designed as some of the later Alts (in particular the RX8, which is essentially a redo of the same design but works significantly better). The legs are the biggest problem, as they're very fiddly and take a lot of practice to line up right.

8. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I prefer the RX-8 mould.

9. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Well thats a little dissapointing that Red Alert has these problems, but at least it's only Red Alert and not the rest or the Suberu's. I might pick up another one of the mold one day since it's only Red Alert thats like this.

10. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Silverstreak the best out of the Subaru molds. Ricochet is one I didn't want to get but found one at a price I couldn't pass on. Ricochets color scheme is nice looking and I am glad I picked it up.

11. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I think Smokescreen has the coolest color scheme.