Binaltech quility Control?!?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFormerfan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

nothing to see here
    got a second one by refund

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Those parts are actually designed to pop off.

3. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I know but they fell off on instant strait from package

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of the parts are designed to come off.

That said, are you positive you are the first owner to have it out of the box?

BTW mine is a very tough transformation because the shoulders and calves both require enormous force to get into place, but there is no where that feels sturdy enough to apply the force to. Despite the relatively simple transformation (by BT/ALT standards), it always takes me at least a half hour.

That said, I LOVE mine! One of my favorites.

The biggest issues I ever had with a BT was a red meister I bought off ebay that was listed as being MISB- toy was ultimately ok, but a lot of parts seemed to have been snapped off and not properly reattached. It's also the only BT I've had issues with paint chipping on. Not in bad shape, but I'm convinced some one had it out of the box and was less careful with it than I've been.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Well that is odd. Maybe they were not on all the way from the factory then. Mine is ok, not as tight as the Alternator version though.

6. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

The figure was bought from a collectors shop so I know it was in package its where I get all of my MP's from. But right when I took it out a door fell off then I check the other door to see if it was ok then that one fell off the fender popped of when I touched them.

7. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah....the tfing is a b, push until your heart sinks and youre done! I do love it though.

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I dunno. They may be designed to pop off, but they shouldn't FALL off.

I've only had two Binaltechs - Dead End (since sold) and Yellow Tracks (still have)... Dead End was a perfect specimen of BT... all joints were just tight enough - that balance between loose enough to move fluidly and easily, but tight enough to stay wherever you put them - paint may have chipped once in a tiny spot, but that's it.

Tracks feels like standard Alternators QC. Rather good overall, but not a marvel like the Dead End I had. Some joints are a little stiff now from not being transformed, and he's got a few more paint chips than last I had him... but I also hadn't taken the best care of him since "the great rearranging"... he's out of his storage now though, and will be better taken care of.

Looks like you got a lemon.