Minor/Repaint: Binaltech Misfire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Napjr, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Used a Metals Transform red Subaru to make him with a leftover head from my Octane using the White Viper

Nothing realy major, simply painted the limbs white like the original toy (although the forearms originally were red...), and made my old Leg mod for the back doors (like my Bombshell)

Also i painted some minor details on random details (like the door handles)

Unfortunately being a KO, not all the pieces align that well, and some others broke (the pegs on the rear windows, as well an ugly scratch on the windshield)

Gallery up:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/Alternators-Binaltech/Misfire/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad I decided against mounting the shoulders backwards on the custom I'm working on now!

3. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Glad I decided against mounting the shoulders backwards on the custom I'm working on now!

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Now that's a random choice of character. Love it!

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That's cool man. I just got that KO and I'm still deciding what I want to do with the POS. After having a good experience with KO white jeep I decided to get this one, bad idea. I may try your dorr mod though, it's pretty sweet

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    More MT love! Yay! It seems like you're having the same idea as I did months ago with making customs of all of these guys. Good choice!

Personally, I think I'd be afraid to transform the legs like this on this particular toy because the plastic on the spoiler seems reeeeallly brittle and may break with all of the diecast. I hope you prove my speculation wrong though. Also, I'd suggest doing something to the head to make it look less like Sideswipe and more like Misfire (at least painting the eyes red, even though the G1 toy has blue eyes).

Anyways, GREAT job and great choice of character! Keep em comin' man! :thumh

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Impressive, I just wound up setting fire to my knock off subaru.

8. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I might repaint the eyes later, and perhaps remove the silver on the head crest. The head aint that different from Sideswipe anyway

As for the spoiler, it aint that brittle (at least in the one i got), although the trunk it is really fragile. Anyway, with this transformation thereĀ“s no stress to either pieces

9. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I've never been a fan of Sideswipe's head. That said, despite it looking a bit disproportionately large, overall your custom looks fantastic!

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I think its not only a cool leg transformation, but as you've shown before, perfect for doing minibots as Alts. I'm surprised more people haven't been doing it.