Binaltech Diecast Content

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fschuler, Oct 7, 2006.

1. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Does anyone know of an online resource or old thread that details the amount of diecast used in each of the Binaltech TFs? I.e., which body panels are plastic vs. which are metal.

The only Binaltech TF I have is the yellow Tracks. And, I am interested in getting more BTs, but, only if the diecast content makes it worth the added cost. I have only actually seen a couple Binaltechs first hand, Tracks and Smokescreen. Smokescreen's body panels appeared to be almost exclusively diecast, which gave him a really sharp look, however, the plastic piece that forms the roof and half of the rear fenders on Tracks really stands out like a sore thumb. Anyone out there able to help??

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, I wouldn't shell out 30 more dollars plus import fees just because it's "DIE-CAST". Alternators Superior. Binaltech Inferior. And we have Mirage!

3. fschuler

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Alts over Binaltech due to the cost differences, availability, and the fact that, in some cases, the diecast doesn't appear to add anything other than posability and paint chipping issues. However, some of the Binaltechs I have seen really do look impressive compared to their all plastic counterparts. I'm not looking at getting them all, but, there may be a few that I'd like to add to my collection.

Yes...Mirage kicks monster goat ass! I feel he has the best alt mode we've gotten so far out of this line, from a fit and finish perspective. Bot mode ain't bad either.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

the amount of diecast varries per mold. BT skids has die-cast everywher but the roof, rear bumper and rear door assembly and it matches pretty well too.

5. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The RX-8 has diecast doors, the nose of the is diecast as is the rear, though not the feet or the boot (trunk). The Vipers are all diecast aside from the rear and the roof. From memory (so somebody correct me if I'm wrong:) ) the Jeep Wranglers only have a diecast front, I've heard the Mustangs don't have much diecast in them either.

Edit: Typo

6. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

The Wranglers also have diecast doors and part of the roof assembly is diecast as well. The Mustangs have the hood, doors and the trunk as diecast.

I personally prefer the BT line over the Alternators, mainly because of the added weight of the diecast(Feels more like a model and less like a toy) and because they just look better(Compare the RX-8 in BT to the Alt version, there's a major difference) The stand and card are nice additions too, and the instructions just look better.

Cost isn't as much of a factor for me, I've paid pretty much equal amounts for Alts and BTs since I have to import them anyways.

7. fschuler

That's the kind of stuff I'm lookin' for. Thanks guys.

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Amen, my friend!