Minor/Repaint: Binaltech Arcee / Alternators DeceptiFemme

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Vagabond Elf, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

So, the short version is this: thanks to some friends, a little bit of paid work, some computer modeling, and modern-day 3D printing, I've obtained a female head designed to fit onto the Arcee/Decepticharge/Windcharger mold.

It's a little small, but I find it works - it's like a woman wearing big bulky armour. And as the one pic shows, if it was any bigger she couldn't transform.

I'm looking for suggestions, too, on what to name the former Decepticharge. Part of me wants to do like a lot of people do, call that car Dragstrip, and just say that Dragstrip's a girl. Mostly because I've got ideas for the rest of the Stunticons using KOs.

Anyway, here's the pics! Please forgive my painting and photography skills...

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the head is too small. Also, I think the jawline and chin are too square. I like the design overall, though. The helmet design is really keen. :thumb 

3. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    this is cool! Its nice to see that finally Alt Arcee has a head that looks more femmene, i also like your idea for
    Decepticharge. I've been wanting to do this to my set for a while now,maybe ill get mine done soon. I have 2 arcee heads that are about the right size just need to paint and fit on a ball joint.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty neat head work you've done here.

I think (if possible?) I would have like to have seen the head a little lower maybe?....with not so much neck showing.

Still, with that, it's a cool piece :) 

5. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

It is small, but I want to keep the ability to transform - and as you can see, if it was any bigger it wouldn't fit in Altmode. The maximum height-width-depth of the head is actually slightly larger than the original's, but the curvature makes it look smaller.

But if it didn't curve, it wouldn't look feminine, so whacado?

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Turn BT Arcee into another character! :D