Minor/Repaint: Binaltech / Alternator Omnibots

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Metroflex, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Metroflex

Metroflex Banned

I've never liked the idea of Grimlock as a car, so I decided to use the spare blue parts from my kitbashed Alt Wheeljack on Alt Grimlock. Then I just removed the visor and modified his shoulder doors to make him look a bit different from Wheeljack, and created my own version of Alt Camshaft, since I don't like the official Alt Camshaft.

I love how Alt Meister looks with no decals, but it's just not Jazz without the Reprolabels decals. So I decided to use him as Downshift instead. Simplest custom yet, I just removed the visor, painted the eyes metallic blue, added a mouthplate using a cut out silver sticker, and painted the blue highlights on his upper legs black.

I also created custom tech spec cards for them by modifying Binaltech Grimlock and Meister cards in Photoshop.

Binaltech Overdrive was perfect the way he was, so no changes there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

those are sharp. I like the turning of the silver mustang into an omnibot. grimmy as a car always rubbed me the wrong way, too, but I just couldn't give him up once I got him, so I just dealt with it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  3. Metroflex

Metroflex Banned

I hear ya. I can accept them turning Porsches into RX-8's or Datsuns into Imprezzas, but a T-Rex into a GT Mustang is too much. As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't dig him. Plus he was too small, Grimlock should tower over the other Autobot cars (and even MP Optimus!)

I'm glad his crotch/feet are swappable with Wheeljack, because having the orange parts on Wheeljack really compliments the reprolabels sticker set, plus the G1 Camshaft had a blue windows, so the blue on my Alt Camshaft ties right in to that.

4. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Great homages. I was wondering what the donor grimlock for your wheeljack looked like. Turns out he looks like Camshaft!
    Well Done

JL

5. Metroflex

Metroflex Banned

And here's the custom Binaltech tech spec cards I made for Camshaft and Downshift. I changed the orange parts on the Binatech Grimlock image to blue using Photoshop. I also hated the yellow Tracks on my Binaltech tech spec card for him, since I have the blue version, so I Photoshopped that to the correct colour.

[​IMG]