Minor/Repaint: Binal Tech Skids (?)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    WOW, I sure got a deal guys! For $26*, I got a MIB BINAL TECH SKIDS! Check it:

[​IMG]

So, obviously with the SUPER deal I got, I start ripping* into 'im:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[*Naw, I was careful it being a Binal Tech box and all. :)  I'm careful with my boxes :D ]

Wow, he's so cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But wait! This toy . . . it's plastic! It can't be a BT! Oh noes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*transforming sound*

Well, it seems there's a bit of jealously amongst the ranks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*gasp* Save the Alt Skids in the middle! Go and get your own set of "Binal Tech" Skids set today!

[*Ok, by now I hope you realize it's an Alt! The Alt cost me roughly $22 with tax and stuff; the reprolabels set is $4 :D ]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I kinda like Alt Skids' flames better. Makes it more interesting and stylish. I dunno, It just fits him more, like people who put spinning rims on mini-vans. Y'know, mid-life crisis type guy.:) 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    turned out really good dude. surprised the stripes are so different.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, this custom isn't really a matter of me liking one over another. I actually LOVE the BT version over any of them, but it's not without it's faults (mainly being top-heavy). Mine already has fallen from simply being posed on my display shelf and has some very, very, VERY small damage to him, and I wanted to put him up before he suffered any more damage (BT Skids aren't that easy to come by to start with . . . )

With the Alt Skids, my major gripe with him is the "pixie dust" for tint :puke: 

The flames don't bother me as much. I actually like them alright, but I really like the stripes of the BT. While I like both, the stripes on my Alt now just really jump out at me more so. I think the reprolabels makes Skids look just slick. :) 

Yeah, I was too! The reprolabels are actaully BETTER than the BT's on design and durability. I really like em :D 

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hey, don't worry, I love the Skids mold. I think it is cool that such an ugly vehicle mold can actually hold a cool looking robot. He is one of my favorites, plus, he can hold some of the Sigma 6 guns. Hmmm... maybe it is time to give Skids a gun and not a "hot glue" gun?

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I love this mold as well! I want to make more customs with it as well. :ev: 

I was just really surprised at the stark difference that removing the "tint" and flames then adding the reprolabels made with this guy . . . :) 

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Heh. The bigger difference would be to make a Skids out of a Honda City. ;) 

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man SQ....the decal set does really make a difference in Alt Skids.....I think I like that more than the flames....and good job removing the pixie dust on the windows...I never understood why they chose to put that on the windows...why not go with a regular tint job?...pixie dust?!..come on now!

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very nice, now the alt mode looks like a polished turd!

It's not a jab at your abilities my friend, it's not your falt the Scion is butt ugly.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks man! Props to Delta Star; some of the best $4 I've spent EVAH! :thumb 

Yeah I never understood that decision either. COME ON NOW! Come ON!!! :lol 

I'll take a polished turd over a turd with pixie dust all over it any day :D 

I actually like the Scion xB design as well as the design for ol Skids here. The RX-8 remains as my favorite mold though. :) 

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    man everytime i see bt skids lighter blue finish makes me wanna give away my alt.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I feel much the same way, but after I did the work on this one, a lot of those feelings disappeared. Not all of 'em, just a lot of 'em . . .

13. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Nice work dude. He looks great. I've always been a BT fan, but u made the Alt version look just as good. Nice one! And yeah, big props to Delta for all the awesome stuff he's given us.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks man! I'm a BT fan too, but mostly for what's left of the collector in me. While I LOVE the color of the BT Skids, the die cast just weights a lot of those toys down too much. I also LOVE the slick, more laid back feel the stripe down the side gives to Skids. I like the flames, sure. I really wished Hasbro had made this guy the brighter blue (I'd think he would have sold a little better; research statistics show that brighter colored toys sell better and they know that). Plus we got a label with Swerve and I wished we'd gotten the same option with Skids (for those of you that don't know, BT Skids and BTA Broadblast come with label sheets).

If anything, this mod is more of my expression that something needed to be done to Skids. It's also my way of showing my support to Delta and reprolabels :)