Minor/Repaint: Binal Tech Outlaw

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I have yet another custom (with gallery) to share with yas!

I've seen many of you guys do some really cool things with the white KO BT Hound (e.g., Ratchet), but ever since I got mine (about 2 years ago actually) I wanted to something a bit different. Originally, when I started getting some of the "Metals Transform" toys (the "official" title of this KO line), I had no agenda whatsoever to modify them in the least. However, upon further contemplation, I reversed my thinking some with one particular goal: the custom modifications I would do the "Metals Transform" line should be able to be altered back to their original form for the most part.

Binal Tech Outlaw here is one of the results from that project (as is my Binal Tech Phantom).

Binal Tech Outlaw is a bit of a fan creation of mine, but he's based off of the G1 Jeep minispy. The rubsign is actually from my Classics Starscream that I weathered and painted in a G1 color scheme. The weapon is from a Gundam toy. The rest of him is essentially unaltered from the original toy straight out of the package.

Anyways, without further delay, I submit Binal Tech Outlaw to you (#2 of the 9 Metals Transform toys):

alt mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robot mode:

[​IMG]

. . . and an animated .gif I made of him:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As the .gif suggests, he's a bit of a showdown kinda bot. His persona is that of a bit of a "robot cowboy/gunslinger" of sorts, but since he's a Decepticon he's the type of bot that will use any means necessary (he is still a "spy") to be "rough and tough" to get the job done. I always thought it would be cool to have that sort of personality with a Transformer :) 

Anyways, enjoy!

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is too cool....love the added Gundam hammer, and the animated .gif is just too slick!!......

DRAW!!...

:thumb 

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I really like that mold in white.
    Sometimes the simplest things add so much more the "balls to the wall" bashing.
    Looks good.
    :thumb 

4. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very nice work.

5. clay

clay Well-Known Member

I like the animated GIF.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Nice job. I was also thinking of something like this, but alt mode was still in wip inside my mind, but anyways this cool. Now DRAW!!!, Pilgrim.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Love the gif for sure. I like what you've done it's simple and it works for you. That's what I always go for in my customs

What's your reasoning behind wanting to be able to change them back to their original stock self? Just out of curiosity

8. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i've also been thinking of taking all my decepticon rub signs from my classics to give my alt deceps.. looks great. :D 

9. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Nice ! ! !

As tips on how to post a .gif ?
    I have one ready to go but put it on the back burner cuz I have no idea how to show it here.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, thanks for the props man! :thumb 

Yeah, I think this mold really rocks in white as well :)  You're right: sometimes the simplest things do work :D 

Thanks for the props man! I appreciate you taking the time post :D 

I had a hoot making it too!

Heheh! Well, the good thing about this guy is that I didn't have to do anything to the alt mode other than the rub sign. The bot mode is essentially unaltered as well, except for the Decepticon symbol and the added weapon. :) 

Well, my reasoning for keeping the Metals Transform toys true to their original selves is:

• they were hard for me to come by (with locating them and with monies)
    • they are pretty unique in their own right, and I like them for that
    • sometimes I just like giving myself this sort of challenge. Graphic design (and art in general) is largely about creating a problem to solve and the parameters of that problem to arrive at a solution. This was me setting that into motion and accomplishing all of the goals I set out to do :) 

I typically like working complexly, but I also like finding the simplest solutions and having them work just as well :) 

I hope that answers your questions :) 

Awesome! "Make it so!" :D 

I posted this .gif the same way I post images (a .gif is an image file just like a .jpeg). I uploaded it to my Photobucket account, copied the necessary link to the board editor here, and expecto-customio! Post! :) 

11. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
  12. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Nice stuff man! Makes me want to get another KO Hound.

13. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
    So simple but gets the job done. I'm gonna do this but I'll try and add my own touch.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Great work on your own animation man! :thumb 

Thanks for the props guys! I really appreciate you taking the time to post! :) 

If my work has inspired you to have creative ideas and urge you to go to your own workspace, I've done well :)  I can't wait to see what you guys have in store! :thumb  :thumb