Minor/Repaint: Binal Tech Detour

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, time for another Metals Transform toy! Yay! :) 

You guys know I like teams, and I've been really debating on making the Micromaster Sports Car Patrol in their totality. So far, I've only made this guy. I've not 100% fully committed to that idea, but we'll see. Anyways, I do have Detour here :) 

Just to check myself (as I often do), I did a quick and dirty digibash just to see if this was the idea I wanted to commit to:

[​IMG]
    (original image credit: TF@theMoon)

As you can see below, very little has changed from my original idea to the finished product (really just the gray I left on the arms to break up the turquoise).

I would like to give a special thanks to sodawilly for suppling the Rollbar head as well!

As you can see, I painted the arms and legs (from a spare junker Sideswipe mind you, hehe) turquoise, and I added some red panel lining on the inside of the legs as well as red details on the feet. The head I painted the same color with a sparkle red I had mixed from my Alternators Shackblast custo (original thread here). I also painted the visor a translucent red and added some silver details to some of the vents. I topped him off with my custom faction symbols of course! [I'm not sure how many have noticed, but I've been playing around with the faction symbol placement on the Vipers, especially since the original Binal Tech designers did not like the symbol directly on the drop top]

Well, here is his: Binal Tech Detour:

alt mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robot mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

detail of the legs, arms, and head:

[​IMG]

close ups of the head:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats awesome

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man I love this one. Original G1 character that I doubt anyone has done before. The colors look great together, really looks clean. Another A+

I never thought to put the faction symbol on the arm. That works great for the guys that don't like the faction advertising stuff that shows in car mode (me excluded cuz I love faction symbols in car mode)

I vote for doing the rest of the Micromaster Sports Car Patrol!

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Totally, I'd love to see the rest. I've got my own upgraded Micromaster - Blaze Master out of Cyb Evac - and since Alts are pretty much Voyager size, I'm just thinking how cool it'd be to se them face off...

5. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Looks great! As do all them you recently posted.

Did you give Detour eyes under the visor? It kind of looks like it in the close-ups?

6. Binaltech Tech

Binaltech Tech Covert Operative

Can I have one?

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the eyes look like big squares I think.

of course you know I like it already, don't ya Allen? :D 

8. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Definately a dope ass custom buddy! Hope you make the rest of the team :thumb 

All yellow Viper kicks ass too! Can't wait to get this in the mail :ev: 

9. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great idea man! Excellent execution as always, and you picked my favorite "patrol" to start with. Would love to see you whip up the other ones!

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice

11. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

another nice one! great work as always! :thumb 

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, I'm glad you like it so well :) 

Thanks a heap, Lucs! I suppose I have a bit of "Simon Furman Syndrome" when it comes to unnoticed characters at times. :) 

The idea for all of my Vipers comes from where the Takara designers really didn't like the idea of having it on the drop top. I have the flexibility to do this, so I started being imaginative as to where I ended up placing them. I've been happy with the results :) 

I'm mostly sold on that idea too man. I'm still only in the conceptual development of making that a reality at this stage though. As usual, I'll keep you guys posted :) 

Hehe, that's cool man! Personally, I don't do toooo much cross-generation/toy integration with my own (unless it's already to scale with only a slight +/- deviation). But this hobby is all about fun and I'm it seems like that's where you are! Just stay there and you'll be fine :D 

Wow, thanks man! I really appreciate you taking the time to post :)  I never get tired of saying that you're one of my absolute favorite artists :wink: 

In regards to the eyes, I didn't deliberately pull them out with detail (the detail is there; they're small triangle shapes), but I would guess that the viscosity of the translucent paint welled up in them. To be perfectly honest, I'll just have to recheck it :) 

I'm sure you can find the Yellow Lambor still; just search 'im out (Google is your friend) :)  Rollbar is still decently available (for the head). Get a bottle of turquoise paint and you're all set :) 

So the answer is, "yes." :D 

Yep, but it's always good to hear it again :poke 

Hehe, thanks for the props man; I really appreciate it!

So, go run to your mailbox and hold your breath starting . . . .

. . .
    . . . .
    . . . . .
    . . . . . .

NOW!

:lol 

Glad to oblige man! (thanks for the props :) )

As for his teammates, we'll see :) 

Thanks for the kind words guys! I really appreciate all of you guys taking the time to post :thumb 

13. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Like I said.... Looks good!!! But I just did'nt have a clue who was detour :confused: 

Google is my friend!

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, thanks for the props! I really appreciate it man! :thumb 

I'm glad to have introduced to you to one of the many cool characters from G1. :D  Some characters we all know (or really should know); this guy I was pretty happy with shining the spotlight on him :)