Minor/Repaint: Binal Tech Brakedown

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Many moons ago, I made an Alternators Brakedown from an Alt Side Swipe. Many of you guys know what a royal pain it is to paint with white. That being said, I was really proud of my work.

Unfortunately, you'll note the past tense of my verbage with that last sentence. Though I rarely transform any of my Alts/BTs, I do like to from time to time. When I was transforming Brakedown, I noted the shoulder joints were a bit tighter than normal. The good news is that I discovered my paint jobs dry really well. The bad news is that with my Alternators Brakedown it was too well. The paint had essentially glued the arms and when I transformed him (and I do so carefully of course), they snapped off.

Now, the Metals Transform line saves my day. Now, Brakedown is a "Real Stunticon" ("That's what that "RS" deco has always stood for!" I tell myself :D ) :lol  No real additional work here as I actually ended up using all of the other painted parts for this guy.

I'd also like to dedicate this custom to two of my buddies, Lucs and seali_me. Both guys have done some amazing work as of late and are kindred spirits with being a kitbashers, love for the Alts/BT line, and our beloved Stunticons. I hope the rest of you guys check out their work! Guys, your Stunticons continue to kick me in the rear to inspire me to want to finish my own Stunticons. Thanks a lot guys! :thumb 

alt mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

original digibash (sorry, but I don't remember who the original artist is; if someone wants to have themselves properly credited, just PM me):

[​IMG]

robot mode:

[​IMG]

(my tribute to the digibash :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Don't mess with the Stunticons!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

no surprise here, this is one my fave's out of all of them.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I likey!!.....nice to see you were able to make him again...that sucks about the original one though......

I think I actually like him better with the "RS" decals...

And this time he is all that is BT glory...:thumb 

4. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

Great job, looks great. My only complaint is that I hate the big car hood hanging off his back, but that's the mold itself, and has nothing to do with your work. Awesome paint job.

5. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Thats sick dude!

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hey man, thanks for your support! I hope you get my pm soon and that my erroneous nature is forgivable [my thread dedication is to both Lucs and seali_me, but silly me left my pal sm out by mere carelessness).

Thanks for the support man; I really appreciate it! :thumb 

That it does, but I suppose the fact that the Metals Transform line was able to save my rump makes the line and this custom that more special! :D 

. . . and you're right: at least he's diecast now :) 

If you're not a fan of the hood hanging off of his back, the Metals Transform line is not for you because that piece on all of the specimens I own is excessively wobbly. I appreciate your separation of those grievances from my work. Thanks for the kind words and sensitivity to my work :thumb 

Thanks man!

. . . but actually Binal Tech Brakedown is doing quite well despite the numerous attempt of me trying to ship him to you. For some reason "Tech Spec; Plastic Crack Street; Alternators, BT; USA" isn't a valid address. Strange world we live in :lol 

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    No wonder I haven't seen them yet, i'm in Canada man :lol  Some lucky plastick crack addict has your custom Alts/BTs :lol 

8. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

yeah i got it. :)  and thanks dude. i just want more alt/bt/mt kitbashes. :D . i still can't wait for the others. lol i just love custom alt/bt/mt.

i wish we had MT here as well. i check the local KO shops (chinatown) nothing.

actually dude, you many others gave me this kitbashing inspiration to scratch that kitbashing itch on my first and only alt at the time. the poor thing got messed up at work. now it turned into a full blown hobby. the one i'm talking about is your seekers.

at first i thought supersquad7 was actually 7 bashers who built each one seeker. to find out one person created all of them... blew me away. even more so when i found out how those side guns were made.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the nod man. I like this guy a lot. It's another one of the MT line I was looking forward to seeing how you would handle. I still really want this one cuz like you said painting white is no fun and this one has a sweet paint job.

On a kitbasher note. I recently finished 2 more I'll be posting pics of (with my new camera too, woohoo!) I also just picked up another sweet lot of Alts that's inspired me to work on some Dynobots and some others, so look out for those

10. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nice. If he's a Stunticon, shouldn't in be "Breakdown" though? The name Brakedown is only a few years old and isn't from a Stunticon, is it?

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Just keep staying outside and looking towards the south.

. . . and keep holding your breath :D 

Also, to answer your inquiry about the plastic crack addict, plowking does not have all of my custom Alts/BTs :lol 

I think you'll have to keep your eye on ebay for these KO BTs for now. :wink:  (*psst* you might want to check now as I think a seller had some on ebay today!)

That's awesome man! I can't believe to hear that my Alternators Seekers inspired you to make customs . . .

WOW. O_O

I had a blast making them and I want to make just a couple or so more as I have some parts bots Imprezas for em :)  I thoroughly enjoyed making the arm cannons. I mass produced the cannons when I made the first set so I'd have enough and that they'd be uniform.

I never had thought to make the connection of my handle to that project. SuperSquadS7 strikes again! :lolol 

Yeah man, thank you! I was tons more excited about this project once I knew both you and seali_me were as interested in my work. You guys really inspired me with your interaction with my work and I just wanted to give back to both of you in some way :) 

I can't wait to see your new work! :thumb 

Thanks for the props!

As for the name, it is deliberate actually. While the spelling is "Breakdown" in the G1 line, there were rumors for an Alternators "Brakedown" at some point. This custom is my answer to what that product may have been at least somewhat similar to. The name change from Hasbro (at the request of a car manufacturer) was the logistics of not wanting a product promoting a car that would have a 'breakdown," hence the alternate spelling.

I'd still say that this guy is a Stunticon, no? :) 

12. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

Hell ya, he's a Stunticon, and well-made. Thanks for the info too--makes sense from the car manufacturer's point-of-view, but it's funny as hell.

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Heh, thanks for the "scorching" support man! :) 

I'm always glad to provide information and/or insight, though I try to do so humbly and not arrogantly. No need to tear someone down when you can build them up :thumb 

Yeah, I thought it was funny when I learned of the name grievances as well :lol  I think what is even funnier is that as a kid I never caught it :lolol 

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    so pretty :D  happy that you're finally getting to share all these customs you've made with the world.

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Me too! It's been a long wait for me with several projects and I'm glad to FINAAAAAALLY be catching up some on projects/galleries and the like :) 

Of course school starts back next week though :cry 

16. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Sweet paint apps man! They look so flawless.

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome, man!

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Man, that means a lot coming from you man. I'll always respect your skill and your work, buddy! :wink: 

I'm glad you dig my work man! Thanks for the props :) 

19. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Dude, in case you haven't noticed you are easily in the top ten (or at least mine) of the best artist/sculptors/ktbashers we have on this forum. Smash job, absolutely smashing.

(Oh, and BTW, get on AIM).

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, man we JUST missed each other on AIM last night! I have actually been placing these customs back on the shelf and rearranging everything.

I appreciate the "rank", hehe. While we all have our favorite artists that we follow and I'm very humbled and honored that you feel that way about my work. Thank you VERY much :)  I aim to please :D