Bilz And Pap Soda Commercial Featuring Evergreen Optimus Prime, Bumblebee And Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :peoples: 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Uncle Yetibacca

Uncle Yetibacca Well-Known Member

The CGI on the commercial was amazing! Why can't we have a netflix series or something with THAT quality? Huh... guess I'll have to keep dreaming.

Also I just read the initial comments about him, but I do like the Nostalgia Critic and his reviews.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You think the mom should have been represented by Jazz?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Bumblebee's car mode looks like Armada Hot Shot.

• Like Like x 5
  5. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh geez...how do i put this?

you see when a mommy and a daddy love eachother veeeeery much....

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  6. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh was it supposed to be the mom? I kinda see that now. Nevertheless, it could have been Arcee, someone more deserving of the spot. Windblade is just kinda being force fed to us.

7. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yup. Bumblebee is the son, Optimus Prime is the dad because those are the toys they’re playing with. Windblade enters in the animation and then it cuts to the mom holding a Windblade toy.

Yeah, it could have been Arcee but Windblade is kind of the Arcee of the current era.

8. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I wonder which studio did the CGI. I wish that CCU (the company behind the soda, also produces some PepsiCo drinks) would had credited those who did the animation work.

I've noticed, it was filmed on Chile. How I know this? The street signs, the way that they are shaped.
    IMG_20180617_012940_519.JPG

BTW there is something odd about the commercial. Titans Return Windblade never came out on retail around here, the only stores that would carry wave 5 were hobby shops.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Why must we include BUMBLEBEE in/on everything? It's almost impossible to find a piece of Transformers merchandise that doesn't have OPTIMUS PRIME & BUMBLEBEE on it. I hate Bumblebee!

But on the bright side, it saves me a ton of money because I won't buy anything with Bumblebee on it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I think he/she is indirectly saying that I'm a stupid dick that doesn't know what I'm talking about, G1 sucks & new fans wouldn't be new fans if they had to watch crappy, blocky G1.

The thing nobody understands is that now that the Bay movies are pretty much over, all those "new fans" that got into it just for the Bay movies aren't going to stick around. Some are but most aren't. Most are the type that jump on the bandwagon because it's the flavor of the month & want to be running with the cool crowd at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn’t say I dislike Bumblebee as much as you clearly do lol, but I definitely agree that he’s just in everything. He was relatively important in G1, but not nearly as much as he’s become. Once he became popular in the movie, it’s like they had to include him in literally everything for easy money. What sickened me the most was that they gave him a whole movie until I saw that it was actually supposed to be good. Nevertheless I think we’re being stuck with a major downside of success, which is getting force fed characters and aspects that we just don’t like because it once was popular.

I suppose I just got used to Bumblebee being in everything, but you’re right that it’s pretty awful. I’m worried the same thing is happening with Windblade and it’ll end up being her and Bumblebee alongside Optimus in everything. However, unlike Windblade, Bumblebee actually somewhat deserved to be included. Windblade came out of nowhere, nobody cared about her nearly as much as Prime or Bumblebee, and soon she started getting forced into everything, getting like 5 toys in 4 years. It’s ridiculous, especially since most people don’t really care one way or another about her. Jazz, Ironhide, or (if it had to be a female) Arcee could have taken her spot in so much, be it Evergreen or RID, and actually deserved it. I don’t dislike Windblade for any other reason than why you dislike Bumblebee: undeserved popularity.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Neat.

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That was very refreshing. The CGI isn't as complex or photo-realistic as Bayformers, but its quality is good enough that it could work in today's films.

The only things I can complain about are the lack of Decepticons, and the faces looking too smooth (there needs to be a balance between exposed joints and coverings of skin/flesh/metal that TF designs haven't really achieved to date).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    You said it yourself that you’re suffering from a sickness that prevents from buying more expensive stuff. So the messages you write sound like all you know how to do is nag. No one can be compassionate if they don’t understand your background information.

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I like windblade. I don’t get the problem.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I don’t inherently dislike Windblade, I just don’t think she deserved the place in Transformers media or all the toys she’s gotten in four years of her existence.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was definitely unaware he was doing things as himself. I only know him as the nostalgia critic and am far from a fan.

18. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Na there's no distinguishable derriere dere.

I must admit, against my better judgement, I like this windblade.

19. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

That’s because Windblade is Transformers’s Rey. A corporate apology for having a boys exclusive property that breaks away with the patriarchy dominated tropes of the pink colored motherly caretaker roles Arcee embodied and now gives us a geisha face painted sword wielding badass with the esthetics of a Seeker and warriors spirit that shows all the boys that girls can be badasses too, so they’re going to keep pushing her in all of our faces until we get the message. Whether we like it or not.

At least I’m sure that was the plan on paper. Unfortunately I have yet to see fandom go “you know what this new line of TF needs? More Windblade!”

Unfortunately she’s gotten to the point where I’ll gladly take Strongarm as G1 continuity than yet another freaking Windblade. Hell, give me Strika or Flamewar at this point!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  20. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Can't blame you, to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.