Bill's service was today guys....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plowking, Mar 15, 2007.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    *Powers that be....if this in the wrong place, I apologize, if need be, please move it to the correct forum*

Hey guys....I just got back from Bill's service today....

It was a very nice service, and just about every seat in the chapel was full.
    The part I liked was when the director asked for each person to stand, that wanted to, and say one word that best described their relationship with Bill.

Many different words were said, but the one that stood out the most, often repeated, was "FRIEND"

Laughs were shared as well as a tear here and there, but it was all for the same reason, to honor Bill.

For those who couldn't attend, you still have the oppurtunity to leave some kind words for Lauren, Rachael, and the rest of Bill's family by clicking this link, and then click on "add a tribute"

http://www.uhtfuneralhome.com/obituaries/individual.asp?index=2288

The director asked the the remarks be kept "clean" because they are screened before they are turned over to Lauren and the family.
    This can be your chance to say some final words on Bill's behalf for his family to have forever.

Later
    Eric - plowking

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I want to leave some comments, but I wouldn't know what to say. I only talked to him once on here, and I don't even remember what it was about.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Bill and I have had quite a few conversations over the years. Mostly back when I started dying transformers and later when he started up transtopia. There was a misunderstanding about who brought dying transformers into the kitbashing arena and we straightened it out. Turned out we just misunderstood what the other was saying. That was about the extent of my relationship with him. I was honored to meet him at Botcon last year and looked forward to meeting him again this year had I been able to go. It's a shame to see him go so young. But when it's your time... His family will be in my prayers, I know this has to be hard for them

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm still surprised he's gone myself. He certainly made a big impact on the fandom, whether or not you've actually spoken to him is one thing, but his work and what he's done for the kitbashing community as a whole is what really stands out in my mind. We lost a good person here, I wish his family peace.
    DN

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've left my tribute to Bill. Still doesn't feel like it really happened, does it.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I have deleted all off-topic posts and removed responses to such posts in the other responses in this thread. Please keep this thread on topic.

I am very saddened still. My sincerest condolences.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I never met Bill personally but I've seen a lot of his work and it's all impressive. It's sad when someone like this, that is such a big part of a community, is taken away so suddenly.

Another community I'm involved with recently lost a prominate member quite suddenly as well and like this community, it is nice to see the out-pouring of support and comradery from the members. It makes me proud to be a member of these communities.

My sincerest condolences go out to Bill's family and friends.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am upset over the number of "off-topic" posts in this thread. I don't knw what they said, but come on guys, the man died. I hope it wasn't tasteless...

Anyhow, I didn't know him, but I have an 8-year old girl and I am 31. I was affected just hearing that. My heart goes out to his family.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Not really familiar with Bill or his work but its still sad to see anyone lose their life at the age of 31. I'm 28 and I'll probably never touch as many lives as Bill seems to have touched in my own lifetime. (Not sure if that came out right, but you guys get the idea) RIP Bill, and my condolences to his family

10. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

I've only gone to Transtopia a couple times over the years, but each time I looked at one of his customs, I was thouroughly impressed with their professional look and his attention to detail. But our loss of the great customizer pales in comparison to what those closest to him have lost: husband and father. I hope his family will be able to get by without him.

Also, I hope this isn't going off topic, but has there been any discussion over whether his posts here will be saved for posterity? I'd imagine his adivice from the kitbashing forum would be very useful for first time customizers, not to mention that a significant portion of his personality and thoughts could be preserved as a memorial.

11. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I've never met Bill in person. but i did see his work which left me in awe.
    My prayers and condolences go out to his friends and family. RIP.