Minor/Repaint: Big'O Dusty Demolisher!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by metallichemist, Sep 5, 2009.

1. metallichemist

metallichemist Well-Known Member

Hey Radicons!

After the failed attempt at the Rampage, I took some of the painting lessons and apply it to Demolisher! I know its an old mold but i like how menacing it looks, so i figure i'll give it a shot.

Work done on the Demolisher includes the usual heavy metal aesthetic, but this time i didn't hold back on the wear and tear again (can't resist). So in the context of as a Constructicon, I gave Demolisher loads of dusty and mudcakes to make it look like it came straight out of the movie!

Comments most welcome, thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    VERY nice! I am working on the legends class figures right now. I think I will work on my voyager version real soon. Yours looks great!

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    This looks great! All that weathering comes together pretty well. :thumb 

My only crit would be to do something to differentiate the weathering on the treads from that on the rest of the figure. As it is, it also looks like the treads are rusty metal. Cover 'em with some flat black (or sealer) and another shade of muddy brown to differentiate from the rust. :) 

4. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Looks great, I'm considering getting one of these now.

Hakka.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

wow. just wow

6. neurosync

neurosync Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks nice, the only thing that bothers me is the lacking of small detailing,.. ie; the pipes n cogs n nuts etc,... also I agree with Mampy,..

Any roof shots and rear shots? as I know theres plenty of scope for detail in those areas.

I love that cracked window though,.. did you actually crack it cos it looks that way :D 

7. metallichemist

Thanks for dropping a note guys. Much appreciated :) 

8. metallichemist

Thank s Mampy! The brown shades on the body was meant to represent some form of dirt but i think it didn't turn out as well as i want it to be. Something to think about. I'll try some lighter shades of brown for the tracks.

I have uploaded some some photos of the rear, do take a look.

Actually i have detailed those little cogs and nuts you mentioned in shiny gold accents but i got over zealous with the wear, tear, dirt and grit. I decided to paint over them either with dark paint or brown paint (sometimes... i questioned my decisions). I guess whatever remains of the gold details(not much) may also be muted after mixing with brown shades and then glossed over. I am somewhat pleased by the amount of grit, but hey, thanks for your comments, they are most valid. I'll see how i can do the same without losing all those efforts spent on these details in the future.

For the windows, i scratched them, not break them :) 
    Thanks for your comments!

9. neurosync

neurosync Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah the ol over zealous moments,.. haha,.. easy to over do it ain't it! :D  Ahh, scratching,.. WHY have I never thought to entertain that with my work so far :S :D 

I find that for a nice splattery gritty effect a toothbrush dampened with paint does the trick,.. bit of the ol finger flicking bristles ;)  A layered mix of tones helps with the depth. Just gotta be careful and not over zealous with that also,.. as it's easy to over do.

Keep doing what your doing though. :D :D :D 

10. metallichemist

haha, i guess i just prefer the bots looking like a 100 years old without a shower :D