Biggest transformer toys collection???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rizzlemus_Prime, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I have the largest collection of anyone......IN MY HOUSE!! Seriously it is all subjective since we gauge it differently and there is always going to be that one person who has two figures more than the last.

2. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I'm impressed with some of these collections but to me the most impressive ones are the MISB/MIB G1 collections but as it's been said that is all depending on the person. I just started collecting again so I'm trying for all G1 84-88, the MP, and alternators. I have about 15 or so G1 transformers MIB that I bought a few years ago, mostly 84 stuff. Eventually going to build shelves in my room and everything to display stuff.

I'm more into quality then quanity but that is just me. A MISB/MIB transformer always looks cooler to me as it's more rare. You think wow...someone had this in the box for over 20 years and was lucky enough that their parents didn't throw it out. I had all my boxes with inserrts from when I was a kid, the dinobots, cars, optimus, soundwave just about everything from 84-85 all in boxes in my parents actic now no idea what happened to them :( 

Ohh and the reason why she had 900.00 in listing fees was because she set the reserve so hi. The guy that bought it is asking MISB prices....wtf.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Mine used to be pretty sick in just the sheer excellence of my G1 MISB stuff. I had some case fresh stuff that I'll never be able to replace now, because I sold it like a moron to buy a car. I cry when I think about the gift sets, japanese exclusives, and G1 cars I let go of for peanuts. Oh well, I still have some stuff that can never be surpassed in flawlessness. So I have given up being a completist and now I tell people I just collect Cool Shit! Make my own boxes, paint my toys, whatever.

But the sickest collection I have ever seen was owned by a guy that sold me almost all my flawless MISB stuff. I walked into his storage unit to hand pick his nicest pieces, and knew that moment I would never have the best collection. Original cases of G1 cars, so many flawless pieces. I left upset at myself for spending $2200, a whole months salary then. That stuff I bought is worth tens of thousands now. If I knew this back then, I woulda maxed out my credit cards and sold my car to clear him out. :lol 

4. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to have a pretty much complete g1 collection , some MIB most loose and then I thought, screw it, its too much hassle to keep up and sold it, now I buy what I like from whatever line and have 1 glass display cabinet which rotates on occassion, if I cant fit the new piece in I sell an old piece, its much cheaper this way plus it taught me toy robots f##cking rule regardless if they are G1 or not

5. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol. To be honest, I haven't had a good Car Boot (which is the UK equivalent) haul for a couple of years (and I got almost all my Transmetal BW stuff in that).

My collection's is getting to the point now where I'm trying to track down rarer items like the G1 japanese stuff, so I'm now trying to open new sources.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I have to agree with Dragonclaw, I don't show any of my collection. I don't want people to know what I have. Not because I don't trust people, its that everytime I would post a pic, everyone would ask me if it for was for sale. I would say no, and then a week later I would get asked again. It really starts to get annoying. I finally removed all my pics and just keep to myself. Every once in a while I will show something that I think might be of interest to other people(rare variation etc). As far as biggest collection, there is a person who lives by me who has multiples of every G1 sealed(most are in pristine boxes), and an entire complete american collection loose. He also has many international/diaclone/microman etc. However the most interesting part of thier collection is that they have either a prototype or testshot of everything from g2 and up. I used to think I had a big collection, not anymore

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

So is your stuff for sale? :lol 

8. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I've never had a that many people ask me if my collection was for sale.

9. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but thats because your not real :) 

I swear to god your one of the action figures in your photos man! lol

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Im not even close but for a Swedish dude I think I have a pretty large collection of G1 MIB and other G1 stuff (reissues and such). For me I alwyas have to spend alot of money o shipping stuff..monsy that could have been used for other stuff. I also has a few other intrest like SW and a few LOTr pieces that cost money. I have a goal with my collection and one day it shall be done.

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, there may be collections bigger than mine but not more well loved. Still, my collection is in no way minor league.:wink: 

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    now i gotta call a bluff here, DJ, how can you do what you do for a living and still go to yard sales?
    flea markets, sure. i can buy that.
    but yard sales? come on, even batman went straight to bed after a hard night.

i still weep when i see your collection, DJ Soundwave...

my only contribution here is that i don't want an army of figs like those G.I. Joes and clone troopers like DJ Soundwave has. (oh, i gots tha love for you having that kind of collection.) me, i just want a collection with character. do i have everything? no, but what i do have...is exactly what i was looking for. and i managed to afford it all. plus!

my dream house has a large home theater room and along the walls are trophy cases with room for all the toys i do want in my collection and on the walls, i would love to have large reproductions of the artwork for my favorites (gotta have a 24x36 of the box art of G1 Jetfire, for example.) thing is to have those cases where i can get to any one at any time and play.
    if i am missing a headmaster, who cares? my collection is still better than i ever hoped.

still, like the fish cases idea. cheaper than curio cabinets and other cases. gotta hang on to that one.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol at DJ fidel castro

14. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

On believe it or not I found the time ..... althought nowadays I don't do it as often as I used to.

15. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Did someone finally come out as the person to have the biggest Transformer collection yet? I'd love to see pics.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I wouldn't sell that collection if I were her. Most of it will get lost in taxes

17. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    You know, some days I wake up in the morning, look at my Transformers and think, "I have a nice Transformers collection." Then I get here and see all these massive collections, and all that comes to mind is "Awwww... guess not." Seriously, I think the most impressive thing I have is G1 Megatron, or G1 Galvatron, lol. I wish I could hit the 1000 mark some day...

Seriously though, the most "massive" Transformers collection? A lot of people can boast, but the thing is, I don't think a value can be determined, because if someone has a collection of several loose figures, it's most likely going to be worth less and or less impressive, than someone with the same figures MISB.

18. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I frequently look at these giant collections and think "...yeah...that sure is a lot. Meanwhile, my single solitary bookcase with choice figures displayed, posed and given space to shine actually looks nice."

But your mileage may vary.

I also think these massive collections help fuel the addictive aspect some fans get sucked into. Comparing ourselves to other collectors, whether consciously or unconsciously.

19. Cattus Doctus

Cattus Doctus Whiskered Questicon

Very recognisable. I also live in Europe, and often need to import the more interesting stuff. Having things sent here would not even be all that expensive if it weren't for 'clearance costs' - that is to say, the money they charge for processing whatever it is you've bought at customs, which is often substantially more than the import tax itself.

20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Agreed completely. To me an impressive collection isn't about massive amounts of stuff, but quality and display.

I've sold off around 75%-80% of my Transformers collection and all of my smaller action figures to focus on fewer high ender end products and clean displays. I don't get at all jealous when I see pictures of massive collections. I like loving each individual piece I have.

I also kinda see a massive collection that's bursting out of apartments/homes as burdensome, in a way. Maybe it's my claustrophobia.