Biggest SDCC Exclusives this year?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Trainwreck, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I've got the touch

What are going to be the biggest and most valuable San Diego Comic Con exclusives this year. This list does not have to include Transformers. I'm curious overall. I'm trying to make a priority for myself to hit up the good stuff, and save the stuff I want (but will be easy to get) for later.

Here is page 1 of 4. Let me know what you guys think, as collectors. There is a lot of stuff I want, but I can only afford so much, and I don't want to have to pay a markup.

Comic-Con 2008 :: Action Figure Exclusives! Page 1

2. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scalper ftl

3. Trainwreck

The people who have traded with me in person from these boards know that I'm not a scalper. Don't assume something when you don't know anything about me. I have a TON of tastes outside of Transformers: Halo, Batman, Star Wars, Gears of War, World of Warcraft figures, Marvel Legends, just to name a few.

Unfortunately I can't afford to feed ALL of my collections at one time. What I'm hoping to do is pick up the more RARE figures in the first couple hours of the con so I don't have to pay a huge markup on them.

Then, later on I can find some of the easier figures at local comic shops. For example, last year's Menasor Titanium 6" has been around the comic shops in WA for about $30, because he was really common and not in that high of demand.

So I'm not scalping, nor have I EVER scalped. I'm a damn pack rat, and have so much stuff I can't seem to part with it's not even funny.

Don't be an asshole when I was just looking for help prioritizing my trip next week.

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    This might be useful. It's a checklist which gives the production number for figures as well as prices. I definitely wish I could attend!

I do have to say that the black and white TMNT set looks pretty cool. I don't know how valuable it would end up, but with a run of 500 it seems limited. I do know that my GF would absolutely love it.

EDIT: Ah, I see you have a list in your post. I must have missed that.

Oh, and I forgot the Robot Santa/Santa Bender from Futurama. He would look great atop the X-mas tree.

Also the Battlestar Galactica toaster! I'm skeptical of its toast-making abilities, but it looks cool.

5. Trainwreck

I was thinking about the Ninja Turtles myself, but I want almost every exclusive from McFarlane and Hasbro, so who knows if I'll even get one... :( 

Edit: the other problem is, like the link I provided, a ton of the quantities AND prices are "TBA" or "Unknown" thus making it very difficult to plan my run that morning.

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm thinking of ordering the TMNT set off of eBay for my GF. (They're around $85, but I would be using the 10% off coupon plus the 25% cash back trick, of course.) She liked the Turtles when she was a kid and perhaps she would appreciate them. At the same time, I may be doing it for purely selfish reasons, a sort of attempt to assuage my Transformers-guilt. Who knows?

7. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry about the attitude dude; a little wary about scalpers.

The best exclusives this year I'd probably say are the NECA B&W TMNTs and possibly the Mouser 3-pack, the Toynami Soul of Chogokin figure, the DCUC Lobo, the Zombies vs Robots statue, and the DC Direct Joker and Batman figs.

Of course, the Classics Nemesis Prime is gonna be huge, as are the Joes.

Also, while it's not on the official site, there's supposedly going to be a LEGO Indiana Jones exclusive at the LEGO booth, limited to 500 pieces.

8. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    A little off subject but when can we expect to see the exculsives on HTS ... is it still going to be the Monday after ?

9. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I dont know about you, but Hellspartan from Mcfarlane looks insane.

[​IMG]

DO WANT

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yep, I'm thinking the two McFarlane Halo figures will be pretty hard to get after the con.

11. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm attending comiccon for the first time this year, but only on Friday. Does anyone know if I have to be there on Thursday to get some exclusives? I'm actually really interested in a lot of Hasbro stuff right now, and the TMNT mousers.

12. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

Preview night (Wednesday) is pretty much the only day you could probably be guaranteed to get what you want...any day after that, it's all just up to luck and quantities on hand unfortunately.

...oh ya, and as far as Hasbro exclusives go, good luck with the way HTS runs their booth :rolleyes: 

13. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The Halo ones are the ones I'm most worried about right now, especially after I've tried to go completist on that line.
    DN

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dam it. I want the Iron Man Through The Ages Minimates set and The Invaders Minimates set. >_<

15. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Sets like that are usually pretty good to get on eBay, last year I got the exclusive MiniMate Zombie 2 pack for around 12 bucks shipped.

16. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have a PM. :) 

But yeah, to whomever said he was coming on Friday, you'll have a decent, but not great, chance at getting stuff. When it comes to Hasbro stuff, if this year's like last year, the Star Wars and GI Joe figures will sell out halfway through Saturday, and the TF stuff will still be in stock when Saturday ends. Usually the exclusives that don't explicitly show limited quantities on the site will be readily available through Sunday.

Stuff like the TMNT figures, you might have problems with, but if you need help getting them, PM me, since I'll be going on Preview Night.

I'm positively excited to see what crazyass unorganized crap they're gonna pull this year. Raffle tickets? Sack-racing competitions? Monkey knife fights?

For those that went to Preview Night two years ago, how were the Hasbro booths then?

17. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the offer.
    Shame I'm across the big pond :( 

18. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

That raffle ticket thing last year was a JOKE. I got lucky my first try and pulled a line ticket, then after running upstairs and downstairs 2 or 3 times, I finally had an Alt Rodimus in my hot little hand.

Toy is awesome, but I told myself I would NEVER jump through those kinds of hoops for a damn toy ever again...it was just plain ridiculous what a cluster f**k that Hasbro booth is year in and year out.

Unfortunately I have to miss this year so no exclusives for me...unless I get lucky on HTS or someone who is going miraculously hooks me up ;) 

19. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know, I wouldn't have minded them doing the ticket thing if that's what they'd planned to do from the very beginning.

But opening the line, closing it after two minutes, letting us wait in a nonexistent line for over an hour, and then busting out raffle tickets from the middle of nowhere? Bullshit. I got a ticket and found out that I had to come back the very next day in the morning.

If I'd known that sooner I would've gone and checked out the other booths for more exclusives.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    2 years ago was even WORSE! The line went through Hasbro's display and wrapped around the booth twice before the doors actually openned and they started yelling at people, so they didn't learn from THEN either...also same bit with limitting quatites AFTER dealers were buying by the case then telling the paying attendees to lump it. They had to make announcements and clear the line before the dealer room actually openned because it was all dealers each day and SDCC actually did somehting about the tons of attendees complaining about it! I finally got a Nemesis Prime by getting in line for the dealer room at 4 in the morning!