Biggest pet peeve about buying TFers on eBay?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Dr. Grimlockisking, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know for me it's when someone ships you something and there is NO packaging to speak of and your corners get dinged or your toys damaged. What's everyone else's?

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Items described as "mint" or "C9" - you get them and you see they were heavily played with, stickers roughed up.

I'm glad I've completed my G1 collection...pain in the ass

3. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

sometimes shipping prices are ridiculous, you think your getting a bargin but then add the shipping in and you see that your getting shanked :( 

4. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Shipping prices and when some loser who doesn't really know what they are bidding on out bids you and pays WAY too much...:horse: 

5. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am sorta blessed coming from Canada. The prices have been much more reasonable, and with the great fear of being suckered, I check all negative feedback and sample some positive as well. I also check shipping rates because while I am not a nazi on the cost for shipping, I do know there are limits to what you should pay.

My first turn when looking for items is either here or next, BBTS/TFormers.

As of yet no real scams that I can speak for. I am a bit shady on a MIB figure of Big Convoy as the screws were rusted, but the figure is in such excellent condition with no sign of stress or looseness I can't account fori t.

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Buying minicons and microbots on ebay, marked played with condition but intact. Shown in vehicle mode as fine in pictures. Then you get them, and 3 of the 8 are held together by silly putty in vehicle mode.

I was heated that day, seriously heated.

7. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you have the highest bid for a long time until someone sneaks in at the last few seconds and outbids you.

8. beloth

beloth Banned

i would say the tards that you have to deal with on ebay in general/

that is why i have gotten away from collecting anything that i cannot get from a store online or locally....

ebay sucks....pure and simple/

9. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Sorry, but I'm of the opinion that if you can complain than you should've bid more on your first bid. Yeah, I'm a "sniper" sometimes. But I too can attest to being the first one to bid on something and when I do I always bid the most I'm willing to pay. If I lose, *shrug* I lost. I bid my max mid and that was it. But, I won my last three auctions and I was the first bidder....

My pet peave:

I pay seller promptly. And when I say promptly I mean: I always pay as soon as I won or at the nearest opportunity/when I get off of work that same day. Buuuuuuttt, the seller ships out my item(s) 10-20 days later.

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My pet peeve has occurred frequently on my last few plus I hate ebay....plain and simple. My pet peeve does not deal with the aspect of losing, it would just irritate me. So, it is one of the reasons why I avoid ebay on a regular basis.

11. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I understand. It sucks to lose but I've always looked at it this way: Meh, I'll keep trying and when I nab one I'll nab it for the price I want to pay. It takes some patience and yes, losing, but it works more often than giving up. Either that or I just buy on the forums. Beats having to bid.

12. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

my biggest pet peeve is people calling transformers TFers instead of TFs. lol, jk! no but the prices of shipping is what gets me.

13. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

what gets me is the fact that ebay and even the ebay toolbar display on this site........

Is FULL of freakin current product that should be on shelves at Wal Mart.......

Seriously..... "power sellers"....... go get a real job

14. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

It drive me crazy to request packing peanuts, bubble wrap and a double box;offer to send extra for shipping to be double boxed, then the item shows up in a beater box wrapped in newspaper. NEWSPAPER IS NOT A PACKING MATERIAL AND NEVER WILL BE. MUST KILL....

15. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The inflated shipping prices are my biggest issue. Especially when you get the item and the postage mark is MUCH lower than what you paid.

16. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    My pet peeves are a toss up between 1) LUDICROUS prices for some of this stuff... I'll not be paying $899 for an AFA graded Getaway when an Elintseeker is only like $100 or so more, thanks anyway, or 2) bad packing/shipping. And by bad packing/shipping I mean when you paid $10 worth of shipping and then the thing comes to you rattling around in what amounts to a cereal box turned inside out. I mean - I'm pretty laid back, sure... but some of these people are just plain LAZY.

My favorite is when AFTER I receive the HORRIDLY packed item I get an email saying "Hey - you didn't leave me any feedback" and I reply with "Do you really WANT the feedback that I'd leave you for this?" ;) 

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'll add "not posting you shipping charges" and "not answering someone when they ask about shipping charges".

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    outbidding (and bidding for that matter) during the last few minutes of an "auction" is what defines an auction.

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reserve prices. There were many times where I saw an item I wanted, placed a high bid so I wouldn't be outbid, and the minimum bid showed up with a "reserve not met." And no one else bids to drive up the price so I lose the item. I much prefer when people make the minimum they would accept as their starting price. I don;t even bid on any auctions that have a reserve anymore.

20. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Quoted For Truth.

I hate that. It doesn't cost $40 to ship something from Hong Kong and have it take 14 business days to get stateside either.

I used to work in mail order, so I know the score. So many rip-offs in the shipping department from the foreign sellers especially lately.

And..oh yeah, I think resorting to buying TFs on Ebay is a pain in the ass. I just want to buy stuff with no hassles.