Biggest nightmare transformations

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jun 12, 2011.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I expect most replies to be things like Masterpiece Megatron, the alternators mustang mold (grimlock/wheeljack), rotf prime, things of that sort, am hoping for some surprises though.

Masterpiece Megatron, I actually wouldn't consider for this honor to be honest. I LOVE his transformation, it is IDENTICAL to his G1 self, just..more detailed, a perfect update. The only real problems come with fragility, and even then most of that comes from the overall feel of the figure or people forcing things in ways they just are not meant to be forced.

RotF Prime is..a bit much, but it's when you couple him with RotF Jetfire that things get nasty. Jetfire's transformation to vehicle mode is a bit of work in and of itself with all the back panels of the jet mode being a real pain in the ass to get to align and stay in place. Combing these two though is a royal fuck you from the designers. If you're gonna make major sacrifices to a figure for a combination, make the damn combination fun to do. God I can't believe I ever split the damn thing apart after the first time I did it, but recombining him this time was just a test of my will to not throw the thing through the wall. Didn't help that I was working on 1 1/2 hands as I kinda stabbed my left earlier cutting up some meat. The parts I thought I'd have trouble with (getting the gray clips from Jetfire attached and the belt piece around Prime) were fine, it was the damn leg combination that got my blood boiling. I have no idea how many times I had to retry it just to get Prime standing fucking straight.

They're combined now, and there is no fucking way I am taking that thing apart again, it's done.

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree on Masterpiece Megatron, Grimlock/Wheeljack (never did get the arm transformation right, I never could). ROTF Prime is easy to tackle if you work on each section, one at a time instead of following the directions to the letter.

Jetfire...he can be a pain, but mainly due to his panels not wanting to line up just right.

For me... Sentinel Prime. Not now, of course, but when I first bought him? A total bitch. Those panels and tabs wouldn't line up for one damn second. I couldn't get him to hold together for anything. The instructions are completely wrong on his arms. Once you know the correct method, then it's easy peasy, but kids are going to have a hell of a time.

MP-09 Rodimus Convoy. We all know of his fragility, but really the problem comes from so many joints bending so many ways, and tight tolerances and very very thin clearances. He's definitely not for the faint of heart, and definitely not for kids. Kids will smash him with a hammer and Mom and Dad will have to eat the $50-60 they just spent, with nothing to show for it.

Commander Armor (City, Shadow, D.I.A. Clone). The legs. The first few times, you'll be scared shitless. The way it bends and snaps and cracks (noises, not physical cracks and snaps in the plastic), you get queasy at the thought of having broken your expensive new trinket, and then you see it's rock solid and it's not going to break unless you hamfist it. I'm good with it now, but dang...that first and second time...I think I had to check my underwear.

Warbot Defender. The arms? ARGH! You will scream profanities that you haven't ever heard before. Following the instructions helps, but even then, it's still "WTF? Y U NO GO IN LIKE IN THE PICTURE? Y U SUCH A BASTARD? I HATE U!", then once you get that figured out, it's the clearances and the tolerances. FansProject brought this sucker right to the limit and you really have to be patient with this guy or you're gonna break him.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The very thought of transforming RotF leader Jetfire can reduce me to tears.

Those panels man!!! *hides under desk shivering*

4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    nope no nightmares rotf prime in under 2 mins transformers are easy if you take the time the first few times

5. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    while this may be true,especially the royal fuck you from the designer,after attempting the 1st time i thought holy shit this is hard but after i got done it was worth it but after doing it several times its easy for me just like primes transformation but what i find as a monster combination may be MP Megs and ROTF mudflap due to trying to find the perfect way for him to display in bot mode because the clip behind his head wont go where it should

6. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    I think most people complaining about frustrating transformations are judging figures based on first looks. Seems like most people leave figures alone after transforming them once or twice.
    No nightmares on my side (and I own most of the molds regularly listed as difficult/frustrating like RDI Sideburn, ROTF Leader Prime, MP Megs, Leader Jetfire, Leader Sentinel Prime, Classics Galvatron, etc...)
    I Find design issues like RID Omega Prime not holding together it's combined form very well a lot more frustrating than these so called difficult transformations.

7. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    henkei galvatron. Not because it's hard but because of all the parts comming off.

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Most Alternators. Not because of how complex they are. Just because its annoying to get everything lined up.

9. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    the legs on rotf brawn adjetate me. rotf was bad the first few times then i got the hang of it. jetfires engines that you have to reattach make me wanna break them off.

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Got to be G1 Bumblebee for me! damn that thing is hard to transform tried it once and never again

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    RotF Leader Jetfire. I can never get the panels lined up right to create the front of the plane when going from bot to alt mode. I've seriously thought about just breaking the whole thing in half.

12. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't say that I can share with the experience with MP Megatron, Leader Class Prime or anything, but the worst one for me had to be WFC/Generations Cliffjumper. .......

13. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I really dislike TFA Blurr

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This. The first and only time I transformed him, his arms came off so often, I decided to leave him in robot mode forever.

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I was transforming my ROTF Leader Prime and broke one of the blue pieces on his back :cry 

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Agreed. He has to be the worst for me, with Sentinel coming in second, and Optimus in third. No surprises here, although I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

17. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The leg alignment on SPs legs/arms is slightly off from the most obvious position...once you have that, it's straight forward enough.

18. Facemeat

Oh, I know, the second time was pretty easy for me actually...but I'll never forget that first time, and that's what made him a nightmare.

19. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    Energon Demolishor.

20. Facemeat

Just remembered another one: WFC Bumblebee. Getting everything aligned correctly in vehicle mode was such a b*tch, when I got Cliffjumper, I didn't even bother transforming him. I don't think I've ever done that with any other new TF.