Biggest complaint about DOTM toyline?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotMirage, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Balls. Knew I should have gotten DS yesterday.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My only complaint about DOTM, Voyagers are too small.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Some other complaints are:
    The addition of a Leader Bumblebee
    Supreme Optimus Prime sucking and wasting money (At least it fits in with the norm, *cough Supreme Bumblebee, cough Animated Supreme Optimus Prime, cough, Devastator, cough, cough.....)
    The 2 good Optimus Primes being the 2 smallest ones *cough Deluxe Optimus Prime, cough, Cyberverse Optimus Prime.

4. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My complaint is the smaller figures for mechtech weapons that are mostly crap with loose springs and misaligned gears. I can understand that kids like them, for the five minutes they get to play with them before they break. The ones that come with deluxes are hurt by not being able to lock into the extended form, like xanthax said. I would have rather had them put the plastic back into the figures.

And the paint, give us back some paint! How good would Sideswipe be if he were painted like his ROTF version?

Oh, and all the damn Bumblebees. I know it's not just dotm, but wow. I just pick the one I like best, and pass on the rest.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mechtech. I always feel that the gimmick could've been eliminated and the plastic and budget that went into the weapon could've went back into the figure. If voyager Ironhide had finally accurate guns instead of the Mechtech weapon, I would've gotten him for instance. Not all Mechtech is bad, but I feel some figures would've benefited without it. Starscream, Sideswipe, Ironhide.

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    If BBTS is to be believed, here is the breakdown for the Wave 5 Revision 2 case:

1x Bumblebee
    1x Starscream
    1x Roadbuster
    1x Sideswipe
    1x Nitro Bumblebee
    1x Thundercracker
    1x Air Raid
    1x Autobot Topspin

Because, you know, they didn't distribute enough Wave 1 figures at the time of the launch.

Its like Hasbro just gave up on DOTM and are just blindly picking figures for these cases. My biggest complaint by far.

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'm not much of a mechtech fan. Would have preferred the size been kept the same as the previous two lines, especially the voyagers.

But I would have to say my biggest disappointment has probably been with the HA line. It bugs me that it started with two repaints. Bee I get, but Skids should have been replaced with Roadbuster out of the gate. Two repaints in the first wave couldn't have been good for the line. And the humans that come with the TFs now.... Sergeant Detour?! Why not NEST soldiers or actual characters from the movies that I can display with my previous HAs.... Human Alliance has been my favorite line since it began, but the DOTM stuff has been disappointing to me.

8. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Paint and size for sure. Sideswipe is an awesome mold killed by no paint. Same with Voyager Megs. Then you have the dumbed down approach, but I can understand them listening to feedback for those who thought ROTF figures were too hard to transform.

9. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    It doesn't suck.

In fact, I really like the DOTM line by now, in contrast to the disaster I expected it to be, based upon the previews.

Transformations have become simpler, but also more elegant AND the sculpt detail has made leaps forward.
    Some imperfections ? Sure...the lack of paint, the lack of substantial size and the lack of more varied heavy hitter characters.

But overall, I'm liking it. Voyager Megatron, the 3 awesome seeker bros, the improved Ratchet & Sideswipe molds and various
    improved Cybervserse toys are enough reason for me to give it a thumbs up.

11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    This.

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I have a couple.

1. The smallness of the figures. RoTF gave us pretty acuratly scaled figures (exept the biker Sisters), but DoTM's sizes are just terrable. Out of all the DoTM figures I have, the Wal-Mart exclusive Bumblebee is the tallest.

2. I kinda like the MechTech, but some are just stupid. Escpecisly Topspin's. Who would need a snapping claw as a wepon? I also dislike Crankcase's and Barricade's.

3. Only Optimus and Bee as the key repaints? I know Bumblebee's repaints were annoying in the past two movies, but now Optimus's repaints are getting out of hand. I wish we'd get some new repaints, like a red Sideswipe, or a dark blue Jolt.

4. I don't mind the look of Leader Ironhide, but he's just too kibbly. But my main gripe for the toyline is Leader Bumblebee. We've had so many Bumblebee toys in all three movies, and how could Hasbro even think to make a leader of him? We've allready had three supremes! Bee's leader spot could've gone to Megatron, a more important character.

Well, those are my issues.

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Mostly lack of paint in some toys. I still like the line tho.

14. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Biggest complaint? Every single one of the Optimus Primes, their marquee character are unbelievable early Armada-level garbage. They looking nothing like him and are completely upstaged by the more complex and better looking HftD Battle Blades Voyager Prime, which is one of the best transformers in the last five years in my view.

The other complaint is lack of paint. Most of the figures of the line have pretty great molds. Radicons have shown what you can do when you take the underpainted ones, like Megatron, and throw some detailing on them.

It's also an old complaint, but it still stands: compared to the lavish 2007 movie and even the somewhat cost-cut RotF line, these are "Recession Transformers". They are physically smaller (some as big as large deluxes) and far too much plastic and money went into their weapons. Megatron doesn't even have the proportions of his film model, with a head one quarter the size of the also-voyager RotF Megatron.

Don't get me wrong... the DotM lines been great (shockwave, Barricade, ratchet and starscream are very strong figures). But the zone between "Voyager" and "Deluxe" is very thin in the line. If they want us to spend more money, I would have happily bought most of the Voyager figures at a $25 price point and most of the deluxes up-scaled to a $16 price point, rather than just get smaller figures.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I think the figures themselves are great,but the smaller size is disappointing.That along with some paint issues and a general lack of new figures coming out has made this movie line somewhat underwhelming.

16. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Lack of direction and information with future releases.

I don't mean just seeing new stuff; I mean a general idea of what's coming out when.

Probably my biggest complaint with EVERY line but it seems especially true for DOTM.

17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I do not HATE the DOTM line, For me, its not the weakest movie line, but I enjot alot of ROTF style TFs more than 70%+ of the entire DOTM line. Theres some really good ones, and ones that I really dig. But theres also a TON I did not buy. With ROTF it seemed like I bought every damhn one of em, and pretty much liked most of em...Hell..the stupid Ice cream truck with two twins was baddass.

I know ALOT of guys are more, non-movie type. and theres DEF the movie and non-movie fan here. I got bored with Generations stuff around thunderwing hit the shelf. Still bought some after. I really love the movie stuff. I like the look..The more "realistic" attempts. DOTM has some really good stuff, but when I compare, pretty much all the DOTM deluxes...I just dont know if I would trade ANY of em for my Deluxe Sideways. I simply love that one. I think Long Haul was a BRILLIANT toy. Post after post after post of fans screaming for a new, better blackout...but get a kibbly Ironhide for a leader.

To me the winner is Cyberverse. Its DOES seem to be a bit too high money wise on some..well...alot of it..but if cyberverse gets alot better, at the same pricepoint, Then I think I'll see more value. I bought almost everything cyberverse, and only..hell...1/4 of the deluxes...

I just bought the Walmart Prime pack with Comettor? Yea...Comettor is SO sweet I forgot how great that one was..real working suspension, Sweet weapon for both modes, I never even knew that you could make the guy have 2 wheels on each foot, and I had Landmine. Comettor is def on par with ANY of the DOTM deluxes..

The other thing for me is Human Alliance. Its my FAVORITE TF line. So with all the new HA Basics, Im geeked over those. But everything is clogged 1st wave...I will always buy everything HA

I like it...I LOVE my Fireburst prime. ROTF stuff was better for me..but im also an Adult, And I guess habro got complaints TFs were too hard..That true?

18. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    No sign of deluxe Dino, or HA Topspin.

That is all.

19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I actually think they would've been better off just releasing a ton of Fireburst Primes instead of the regular Voyager. Because honestly, the regular one is so not movie accurate, you might as well just go all out and have a paint job that's not either. I hated the new Voyager (as it seems most others do), but I still bought Fireburst, because he looks like a badass.

20. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

To me, the only real justifiable complaint is the lack of paint on most of the figures. Everything else is a matter of whether or not someone likes the design of any given figure.

As a secondary complaint, I wish all of the Wreckers had their weapons in all 3 classes.