Bigger budget: More TF screentime and better camera shots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lateralus, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

So I heard on...cough....wikipedia that the producers want to focus on the actual Transformers more in the sequel because they have a bigger budget...which is great news and something fans and casual movie goers want more of.

So hopefully since there is a bigger budget to help improve the CGI and make it more flawless, hopefully that means they will also zoom out on the cameras and focus the shots more...hopefully...

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I can't possibly imagine how to improve on the CGIs, and the only "bad" camera shots IMO were the the slow-mo's, there were too many, and I feel some were just thrown in to make it run longer. Also, is there a citation for it's source? I rely on Wiki a lot, but not unless it cites its sources

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I've been keeping up to date with post-movie news, and I haven't heard that - sounds like rumours posted as fact on the Wikipedia, again.

4. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be awesome if it was true.

5. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

how the **** can you "improve" the best CG ever! doesnt make any sense...

a question: what was faulty with the CG?

6. Scooby.Smokescreen

Scooby.Smokescreen Well-Known Member

I think the fight scenes were a bit of a let down - the slow mo, the zoom in which made it hard to see what was going on, overly quick deaths (Jazz, Brawl). The irritating way every time a fight broke out the shot went straight to horrified humans (although with MB behind the helm of TF2, I doubt things will change)

And any, how does someone on wiki know anything about TF2?

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    They don't.
    As has been posted a MILLION TIME BEFORE on these boards, Wikipedia is NOT a valid source of information for ANYTHING.
    Also, the shot in a fim are the director's choice. It was clear that Michael was trying to go for a more closeup style anyway. Making the budget bigger isn't going to suddenly zoom all those shots out or anything.

8. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

If these facts are true it would be great to see more scenes with the Transformers. Something I was missing heaps in the first one.

I think when they say 'improve animation' they mean longer animated scenes. Since they'll be able to buy more/better computers for rendering.

Well from what I have read on imdb.com, Bay might not be staying as director and there will be new script/story writers. [These facts may have changed or may be false so no 100% certainty on these points] So who knows what will happen in the next film. Story, characters, camera techniques or otherwise.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    As with Wikipedia, IMDB can be edited by anyone; it would be unwise to take anything on either site about the next movie as correct until we know one way or the other.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont think there was a cost issue with how the bots looked in the movie. it was artistic intent.

i look forward to the introduction of grimlock as the wolverine of the TF movie franchise, actual characterization of starscream and the introduction of his brigade, the constructicons this time (since we already had military cons in the 1st movie).

11. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

I would say it is partial truth only because TF was/is such a successful movie overall.
    I mean, my God! Can you even fathom what the DVD sales are going to be?
    So assuming that if the movie cost 150 million to make and its makes 300 million profit one could infer that by producing a 200 million dollar movie that it would make a 400 million dollar profit.
    This is all speculation of course,but if you look at the first X-Men movie, it was relatively a low budget film by comparison to the second 2. Subsequent films had more characters, more effects and ultimately more action than the first.

So, long story short... I think it is safe to assume bigger and better TFs in the sequels.

12. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I seriously cant see how they can improve the graphics, maybe a little more attention to detail (bumblebee for example) But more TF time would be sooooo sexy :D 

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.