BigBadToyStore Update - 2/8/08

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokescreen, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't know if this is considered news, but I just received my email update from BBTS this evening. So, here it is.

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

If they have Overcast IN STOCK does that mean it will be in hitting stores soon? Like within the net few days?

I'd like to order Overcast but BBTS is charging $8 to ship a deluxe within the US while HobbylinkJapan is charging $8 to ship a voyager overseas. Nobody should order from BBTS again until they stop ripping everybody off with their ridiculous shipping prices.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Their shipping is fine if you order more than 1 item at a time. It probably does cost them close to 8 bucks to pack 1 deluxe in a box and send it ground, and it probably only costs them 15-20 bucks to pack 4 or 5 in a box and ship it.

It's something I run into quite often at work, I can ship 4 hard drives in a box cross country for 15 bucks, and if I stick 1 hard drive in the same box even though it weighs significantly less, it still costs 10 bucks. If I stick a handful of screws in an envelope and don't bother to ship it USPS, it costs 8 bucks through the company we use.

Unless they volume of small shipments they do is high enough(massive), it's unlikely a courier would give them a break on it.

BBTS can't do anything about it unless they use USPS for parcels, which is cheaper, but offers no tracking that's worth anything.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Hasbrotoyshop charges $4.84 for 1 deluxe. That's more like it! Not much else to say.

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    cool

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not much really good in the clearance sale still. If they want to clear out some warehouse space, they should just have a sale on everything (except preorders).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That massive Damaged items auction is impressive. There are a lot of MP megatrons in it. Tho, for what they want for shipping, I'd rather drive there to pick it up if I won.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know it would be a heap of work, but I'd think that they'd be better off auctioning off each of those damage pieced individually.

I could be wrong though :) 

9. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Good one there Joel! :thumbs2: 

Well, all the Gold Lightan Chogokin figures are on sale. Sadly, I already got the full set at twice the price it's going on there, but $13.99 for Scope Lightan is very tempting.

-airfox

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HTS also ships through USPS which is cheaper than DHL, Fed-Ex, and UPS. However USPS offers no tracking, and only delivers between 8am and 5pm so if an item requires a signature you have to go to the post office on saturday or during normal business hours to get it, which absolutely SUCKS if you work during those hours.

BBTS is not overcharging, screwing, or otherwise raping people on shipping. Try sticking a deluxe in a box without bending the card, close it, measure it, and see how much UPS wants to charge you to ship it across the country, it's going to be in the 7-8 dollar range.