Big Trak: A retro classic...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by JamesZahn, Aug 30, 2007.

1. JamesZahn

JamesZahn Human in disguise...

I don't know how many of you remember "Big Trak", but it was one of the first programmable toys to come out during the late '70's. Basically, it was a somewhat generic-looking Sci-Fi tank, which helped make Big Trak a universal toy that could mix well with other lines.

I used to use mine right alongside my Transformers, Star Wars, and GI Joe figures. A "troop transport" - a "clean-up" vehicle to pick up those who'd lost their battles - and sometimes, a plain-old tank.

I'm thinking about buying one again. They pop up on Ebay periodically, but I'm waiting for just the right one.

Any of you have or had one of these retro gems?

Big Trak Commercial

Weird UK Instructional Video

2. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I used to have one! But by the time I got my hands on it in the late 80s, I'd already monkeyed around with LOGO, so programmability wasn't as fascinatin' as it might have been ten years earlier. It was pretty cool for all that, though, all bombing around corners and flashing the light gun at where the cat had been five minutes ago

3. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I had one, too! I have great memories of that thing.

They are relatively easy to come by - but quite popular with people who like to customize and reprogram them, so prices can really go insane at times.

4. JamesZahn

JamesZahn Human in disguise...

Someone is selling a set on Ebay with the trailer and boxes (currently at $81). It looks pretty good, but I'm always leary.

I've been watching them for a couple of months now, and it seems almost all of them have something wrong with them. Saw a really good pair recently that grabbed about $400.