big time Ripoff Seller

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by PrimulArchangel, Apr 5, 2007.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was on ebay last night looking for some knockoffs and this guy is ripping people off big time.. First off he is charging 25$ for a ko set of terrorcons and then to top it off he is charging $20 shipping and saying its standard flat rate shipping..

So i email him thinking it was just a mistake because i was thinking about grabbing the set if it was and he emailes me back and says
    " it's simple .. its a big item & big package means more shipping .. we dont want to argue, or haggle sorry " ....

These are the guys that make it hard for me to sell on ebay thats why i dont even bother anymore because no one trusts ebay sellers because o people like this guy.. So keep your eyes out for this seller www.retrobhoy.com ...

this was the auction , 45$ shipped for a knock off LOL you got to be out of your mind http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140103476505 ..
    Just wanted to give you a heads up about this seller for those of you that do buy from ebay...

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    O RLY? I dunno, Not really a ripoff to me, he is being honest and legit, price is a bit much though. and that is a rather nice knockoff.

EDIT: I meant shipping price

3. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Eh, its not really even worth emailing people like that. They think they do nothing wrong and dont really care either. Saddest part is that people keep buying from this guy even tho his feedback is below the smart level i.e. "Body Temperature" or 98.6%. He has wayyyyy too many neutrals and negative that slam him for problems that he evidently never fixes.

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20$ shipping isn't a ripoff ? i have never spent 20$ for shipping for anything inside the US.. i didnt really mind the 25$ for the figure because i agree its a nice one.. but its the shipping .. I have shipped out an entire set of beast machine dinobots mint on card plus T-wrecks mint in box , all pack in one box and the shipping wasnt even 15$ lol i think it was like $12.80 .. the shipping for that knock off should only be 5$ tops...

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    If you don't like the shipping then don't buy it, simple as that. There's nothing misleading about what he's doing, I mean he tells you up front what the deal is.

I think the only instances like this were you can call shenanigans is when sellers withhold info on an item, shipping or otherwise. Even if he didn't provide the shipping costs up front its the buyers responsibility to find out such information before bidding on an item.

7. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Wow, what a douchebag, seriously whats with these people, do they think someone is stupid enough to spend that much on a KO?

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not misleading, did you read his auction title ? it says " terrorcon g1 transformers takara japanese abonimus " lol no place in that auction does he mention its a KO lol .. True hes telling me straight up about the shipping, but my point is that its sellers like this that give ebay a bad name.. First off the shipping is a rip off , and then he has it listed as a G1 TAKARA Transformer and its a darn knock off lol..

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It says "clone set" in the auction.

10. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i noticed he added that after i emailed him back and mentioned to him that it was a knock off lol

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I had Brave Maximus shipped priority for $23. So yeah, that's a ripoff.

12. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I didn't think it was possible, but one douchebag is a bigger douche than the other!

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I gotta agree about sellers claiming shipping costs, but really just want to pocket a few extra bucks.

Seriously, I can't stand buying something small, getting charged $10 for shipping only to recieve the package, and see that the postage only cost a couple of dollars.

14. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed! I charge actual and MAYBE for the cost of a padded envelope if I need one.

15. smkspy

A perfect example, I bought a custom Alt.Trailbreaker head for my Alt. Nem. Prime. I paid $4 in shipping. After a month of waiting on the head, I finally get it and see shipping cost the guy only .52 cents. What the hell? Guy pocketed $3.50 on shipping.

16. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah it sucks getting ripped off .. I know in the beginning when i first started selling i didnt know there were other forms of shipping. I thought there there was only priority mail so i always gave prices for that .. But i been selling for years now and i know there are many different forms of shipping and if your in the US you should really never be paying more then 15$ shipping for most stuff... I laugh when sellers list the shipping saying it's flat rate shipping and charge like 12$ or more because i was told at the postoffice that flat rate shipping is $8.50 no matter how much the item weighs that you put into a flat rate box.. If you could fit 100 pounds of junk into a flat rate box the shipping still stays at $8.50..

The only time i will ever charge extra in shipping is if im sending to Europe, the extra money i charge is for the white ready post boxes that are about 4$ for there largest box.. but i also give the person a break down of the price so they know exactly what there paying for.

I emailed one of the ebay sellers that were over charging and he sent me back a nasty email telling me to stop "stalking" him and that he was sick of " mr toy collectors" emailing him and trying to cause drama or arguments" lol..

there hoping that some kids mom will go online and see the toys and buy them for there kid thinking they have gotten a great deal and then they find out that the toy that bought is crap and a knock off...

17. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

I don't blame him for being angry with you for e-mailing him.

These people may charge high prices on KOs as well as shipping, but they are not ripping anyone off. They are not stating one thing then changing the deal after a person buys from them. Instead they are quite clear in the cost of the item as well as shipping, all up front. It' up to the potentila buyer as whether or not they want to pay that price. So, as someone stated earlier, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. Just because you do not like something, does not give you the right to "police" these people and harass them. I mean what, your e-mailing them to tell them their shipping costs are too high? I think it's pretty obvious that they already know what they charge for shipping versus what they actually pay for it.

Also, just because USPS charges $8.10 for a their flat rate box does not mean the seller has to. There are afterall a few additional costs to a seller in regard to ahipping an item than the shipping cost alone. BTW did it ever occur to you that the item in question will not even fit in a flat rate box? They want to charge a "flat rate", THEIR flat rate,so be it, they are entitled to do that. Again, if you don't like it, then do not buy from them.

I'll end this with stating that IMO to post here that they are "rip off" artists and defame them further is just bad form. Just because you don't like someone price is no reason to verbally lynch them on a public forum.

18. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First off i emailed him and asked if the shipping was the correct shipping cost and wanted to make sure it wasnt a typo or he forgot to change it when he made the listing ( i have done this a few times myself ). It screws up the final checkout because paypal adds all that up on its own and then you have to go in and change it and ebay winds up taking too much in there % because of it . My email was in no way nasty to him, as i said i was emailing him to see if it was a mistake and i also mentioned that he didnt have it listed as a knock off which i didnt think he realised because he changed it after i emailed him.. The guy had no reason to email me back with a nasty email calling me a stalker of all things lol, so yeah im going to post in here and call him a ripoff because he had no reason to get nasty with me when all i did was send him a simple email asking about his shipping and mention to him that it was a knock off and he didnt have that listed..

The flat rate was all sellers in general that say there shipping with USPS FLAT RATE and they dont use it.. If there not using flat rate then don't list it in the auction, just list that you use USPS shipping... If the seller has additional costs then he should list it. When i put up auctions on ebay i list everything that the charges pay for if i have to add something to it or i give the buyer the option to add it such as delivery confirmation...

19. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

just to be fair, its got all the terrorcons :) 

most of the sets have two technobots

and the only other set on ebay is 45 dollars before shipping

20. smkspy

Well, if he quacks like a duck...

Besides, who gives a fuck? Its not like any of us who know that it is an overpriced knock-off are actually gonna buyit.

And insane shipping charges is dishonest. If you really what the extra money for the item then include the money in the selling price.