Big Retail workers - a question

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Nightrain, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Can anyone give me a rough average on the amount of cases a store will order for a typical wave of Transformers(preferably basics or deluxes) or Star Wars. I realize it probably varies significantly here and there, but just a ballpark range would be helpful:) 

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    you have an online ebay store. If you are hoping to order enough for direct orders...squash the dream...you need to order A LOT.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    No it's not about that. I already know Hasbro demands $5000 to even talk to them:lol 

I just want to gauge what a typical big chain retail store orders, more for curiosity than anything.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Just one, maybe two, depending on how many figures were needed on a shelf, in a given shipment. A chain wouldn't just order massive numbers of cases at once, unless someone royally messed up.

Of course, Wal-Mart would be reordering these waves of figures many times in the course of a year, and I think that might be the number you actually need. I can't really tell based on your request.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess I'm asking what the end total of a single wave would be.

In other words, how many cases of Wave 1 of Cybertron Basics would a store have ordered until Hasbro quit shipping that wave.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think there's a set number. At my Target, it's usually one case per wave, and sometimes they'll get another one if stuff sells enough. But with most TFs, it's one case per wave. SW stuff, we get tons of. Sometimes 6 cases per shipment, and usually more than that per wave as well.