Big O

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by skiss, Feb 21, 2010.

1. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I just got back into collecting TF's and found some Big O toys. Gotta say I loved this show as a kid. The steam punk/gothic feel it had really captured my imagination. Anyways I was wondering if you guys might know a good website for some of these toys. Also Any recommendations on toys/anime with more of a steam punk style kind of like this show had?

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Corrected :D 

Good to see another Big O fan, for sure my favorite anime of all time. I was lucky to pick up the SoC in Japan on release day when I was there and the toy is awesome. I just hope we get a Big Duo eventually as well.

As for other Big O toys they are few and far between unfortunately, but definitely start with this.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  4. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    And then hunt down his very rare and expensive accessories kit!

5. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I just wish they made a Big Fau? since I have a Big O and Big Duo already...

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the pics of the Big O fig. I've seen a few but not a good review like that. Will def get this as soon as the money permits me to. I dunno if I'll fork out the cash for the add on kit. Its shiny and all but its way overpriced. So no Big duo then? What a shame. So are there any other note worthy figs from this line?

7. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    ive been so tempted to get the SOC one after seeing it again recently on Adult Swim... been trying to track down the Bandai Anime Collector one...

8. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

That is indeed awesome. I wish they would release a Big Duo or Fau in that scale. And I have to agree that there is definitely a major lack of Big O toys out there. I'm still trying to find out some info on a statue that was made of Dorothy Wayneright with the cat from the episode, "Missing Cat". I have always been interested in owning that, but it was a Japanese exclusive made years ago, and now I can't find any info on it anywhere.

9. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, oh man, I enjoyed "Big-O" a whole lot! Wish they made more episodes, but it seemed like Cartoon Network cut that series short, and long before its time. The Negotiator was part Batman, part 007, and 100% cool. The series had a good plot, good stories, and a lot of mystery around it. A lot of which we never saw solutions of, sadly. Creepy villains/crazy people, and the animation style was original and eye-catching. Sure hope this comes out to DVD.

"Cast in the name of God...that toy be worthy" :D 

10. Mirage232

If you are talking about the Big O series, it's already on DVD right now on Amazon. I'm glad there are other Big O fans out there. It was a great show, and yes, I agree that it was definitely cut short. They really needed atleast one more season to give us a true resolution to the story arcs. I think this is one of the reasons I didn't like the second season as much as the first. It felt rushed, though there were other problems as well, such as adding characters that were not needed or wanted. The union leader is one character that made me want to scratch my eyes out every time she came on, and I didn't care for the joker rip-off character known as Alan Gabriel either, especially when he basically took over Becks role. Schwarzwald is pretty much dead before the season starts, and Gordon Rosewater went from being a calm and collected villian, (much like Megatron in Beast Wars), to a lunatic who seemed hell bent on world domination. I also preferred the stand alone stories as opposed to the second seasons ongoing style as well. All this said, however, I still love the series as a whole, and I wish it could have continued. And I still think Dorothy is the cutest anime girl out there. :wink: 

11. Omega Supreme V

iirc, the reason Big O even got a second season was because of the praise it got here in the states/internationally.
    I have two Bandai AC Big O's, Both sealed and a Big Duo that's MIB, the transformation was lacking, but that's because it was so on the Megadeus. I'm hoping that I can find the SOC version of Big O for a decent price someday...

12. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you post pics of the box art or anything? The only big O toy I seem to be able to find so far is the SOC version. But I'm just happy they made some figures. I was gonna have a melt down if this show got passed up on a toyline like Robot Jox did. Crash and burn......(still hopeing a third party will make a master class toy)

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I liked the show a lot. I have a Big O model kit (Bandai I think), I should put it together someday. Might be a nice cheaper option if you just want a representation of the character/mech.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Big O is one of my favorite anime of all time. I got the box set of season 1 at a Best Buy when McDonald's had those Best Buy Bucks and there was no limit so I got it for around $15. I gave a few individual volumes to a friend when I got it. I have all four volumes of season 2, I got at least one at Dollar General for around $3.

I hated it every time CN would tease us about a third season. That would have been awesome if we got one though. There was so much more they could have done with Roger Smith and crew.

As far as toys go I only have the Bandi Anime Collector version of Big O. I think there was a Big Duo too. Here is a link to one on e-bay.

Bandai - The Big O - Anime Collector - NEW! - eBay (item 110479377668 end time Mar-10-10 12:48:12 PST)

One day I may have to get the SOC version. It is probably the best version of Big O we will ever get. That is a real shame as this series deserves a whole lot more.

15. Mirage232

There was indeed a Bandai version of Big Duo. It came with Angel and another version of Roger Smith.

The Big Duo Action Figures

It's a real pain to get for a decent price, btw.

16. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I love Big O! I want the model kit so badly. It's almost impossible to find. though.

17. Omega Supreme V

1st version -

[​IMG]

2nd versions -
    [​IMG]

18. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So wheres the last big? Big fou? (spelling is prob wrong). Just finished watching the series and theres so many mechs that could have gotten toys. Would have really liked to see the mech dragon or electro hydra wyrm thing. They would look great with the Bigs.

19. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

id love a big fau s.o.c the bigs would look amazing on display together.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well to be fair, CN didn't cut it short, in fact CN was the only reason that show had a second season in the first place. The first 13 episodes ended in a cliff hanger and there was absolutely zero intentions of continuing it from there since the show didn't see much popularity in Japan. But over here it was a bit hit and CN took a chance at picking up the series and co-producing it to create the second season. Though the option was there for even more episodes, the second season didn't fare as well as the first, probably due to the shift in dynamic story wise, as well as the long wait between seasons and change in it's targeted demographic (went from afterschool Toonami to late night AS). There was never any hint of a third season or anything, and CN actually came through with their claims of finishing off the show.

On topic: I really need to grab that bad ass SoC Bib O. The accessory set I can skip, but hot dayum that is one slick looking robot.