big lots ko's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cyko-Destructo, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Cyko-Destructo

Cyko-Destructo Rock-Lord

anyone picked up the knock off optimal optimus or (rid) galvatron or the dragon one? are they worth it? is the quality at least passable? is the plastic cheap? ive been considering getting the galv (i think its an oversized galvy right?) for a while but i cant bring myself to spend the dough on a fake. but its just so tempting, problem is ive bought knock offs in the past and been dissapointed, let me know what you think

2. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

Low quality, cheap plastic. And, as expected w/ KOs, some moving parts have been fused together. They are both fun, though! Untill Galvy's leg broke off...

3. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

i got a knock off devastator there last weekend. its crappy but looks cool. same mold as original devastator but a lil crappier, picked up defensor to.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I picked up the devastator. He is really crappy as far as transforming. But I plan on supergluing him together anyways. For 8 bucks, you can't go wrong.

5. handsomedevil

handsomedevil Member

Does the KO Devastator come in a boxed set? My Big Lots didn't have a KO Devastator set, but had 2 packs of KO Constructicons...

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^yes, the one that i went to had a boxed set and a few two packs. Maybe you just need to go to another big lots.

7. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I haven't seen Primal at BL yet but they've had PLENTY of dragontrons. I have yet to pick it up. 3 different colors too.

I got my KO devastator at Gordmans. i think it's pretty cool. they come in a bubble wrap AND in a small box. orange and green are the two different colors i've seen so far. they also come in the two packs but i've yet to see all 6 different packs.

i've also seen two packs of Bruticus and Superion and a boxed and bubble wraped version which i also have yet to pick up.

8. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

The combiners are all trash. The Optimal Optimus is actually a reasonably well-built toy considering its origin and price. The others I can't speak as to their quality.

9. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I had picked up two of the Devastator KO's about two years ago, and they were pretty nice. I had also picked up the Superion, the Defensor, and the Animal combiner. Those were a little bit less quality than the Dev KO, but still okay.

About two weeks ago, I picked up the Big Lots two pack of Scavenger and Mixmaster for some spare parts. When I cracked them open I was very disappointed....Scavenger's head was molded into the body, and the legs and feet were redone horribly. The next time I was in Big Lots I checked over the $8.00 Devastator to find that the same remolding was in there too. I hope that the next round of Big Lots KOs go back to the original quality. I doubt it, though.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    WIN.

11. Zorgus Tager

Zorgus Tager Member

Other than Big Lots! do the Tuesday Morning stores also stock the Tranformer KOs? I've been to a Big Lots thats about 45 minutes away and all they had were repackage Cybertron toys in Universe cards but Zero KOs.

The only other places I've found KO's have been at independent dollar stores.

I think the best KO I found was a Dinosaur robot combiner called Dino King, for 4 bucks he wasn't bad. He was about the size of an Animated deluxe when fully formed

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pics?