Big Haul (for me anyways)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Figured I'd make a new thread for this. It's not often I'm able to purchase multiple Transformers in one stop. Todays haul from Target compiles these following figures:

-Universe Prowl
    -Universe Tankor
    -Animated Snarl
    -Animated Soundwave w/Laserbeak
    -Animated Activators Bumblebee

Each one of them is pretty much perfect, as were almost all of the others that were there. A couple tight joints on some of them, but that's just about it. I would have got an Ultra Onslaught if they had any of them. They also had both wave one and two of the Voyagers, and Silverbolt and Powerglide, along with a bunch of other Animated figures. If I had brought along more money I probably would have gotten Grimlock, Lugnut, and Sunstreaker. I'll be going to another Target on Wednesday, so I'll get another chance to get them and Onslaught. I still have $113 left to spend ($100 of that from my grandmother for "school clothes"). Actually, I am going to buy some clothes, as I do need a new pair or two of shorts, but the majority of it is going to go towards more TF's and some items for my Halloween costume this year. Which I actually already have half of so far.

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    haha nice collection man ;)  i got those too..very nice figures. except i got deluxe bumblebee. i hear activators is better. i wanna get the universe ultras too..thinking of skipping the universe voyagers, except nemesis prime, he's simply cool :D  hope u find wat ur looking for on wednesday..and if u dont mind, how old are u?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Activators Bumblebee is actually really good. Pictures don't really show how good it is. I got him so that when I get the Cliffjumper retool/repaint, I'll have a Bumblebee and Cliffjumper from this line that are in the same scale with each other. Something I've tried to do with every Bumblebee I get. The only one I haven't been able to do is the 3" Titanium as the Cliffjumper repaint was canceled. I'm 19 years old. Yeah, my grandmother gave me $100 to buy school clothes (well, I do go to college). I'm sadly still in the group of young grandchildren, though there are only two others in this group, and I'm 8 years older than the oldest of those two. I'm not going to complain. Especially when she gives me $100 to spend. A good visual of what my family, for the most part, is like, is the show Everybody Loves Raymond, where my father would be Raymond, and I would be one of the twins. My grandparents are so like Marie and Frank it's scary sometimes. The one exception to this is that my family has no Italian background, though that's just a small detail in the end.

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    im 20, i wish i get 100 bucks for school clothes or something...lol :D 

and enjoy ur new haul :D  im waiting for my henkei/classics 1.0 haul, which should arrive this week, to go with my new universe figures....then i need to save up for the ultras and voyager nemesis..damn!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    My life is actually pretty good. I'm already thinking about what I'll be doing with the $100 I'll get from them for Christmas :D . Hopefully I'll have a reason to bump this thread on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to at least get ahold of an Onslaught and Sunstreaker (make a nice even 70 count), and get ahold of a majority of what I have to get for my costume. It's probably been 5 years since I dressed up for Halloween, though it won't be akward. Seems like alot of people at my college dress up every year. I just hope there aren't too many people who dress up similarly as me. Seems like it's going to be a popular one this year.

6. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Hmm, not going to be the Joker are you?

Gratz on haul. Been a good week for me to. Got TFA Black Arachnia, Prowl, Jazz, Voyager Prime, Voyger Bulkhead, and Movie Premium Iron Hide. Now if I can just find some Blitzwings!

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually yeah, lol. Though I'm not basing it soley off of any one incarnation. I'm taking Ledger's Joker and adding my own personal touches. I'm going to get some nice thick card stock and print out some Joker cards that I made in paint.net. It's going to be kinda funny, imo. I'll basically be the Joker if he gained some weight, lol.

Thanks. I have a feeling that in the next year or so I'll have some nice sized hauls.

8. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

I was going to be the joker but everyone else is, so I think I'll go with Robin. Really wanted to go to the premiere as Robin but didn't have the time. Anyways. Nice haul.
    Also since I'm no longer going to be the Joker, you can use my joke for when you encounter other Jokers. "Well, looks like one of us is going to have to change." HAHAHA get it? Normally it's used in a formal situation by women who happen to be wearing the same dress but I applied it to a situation entirely different for humorous effect. I'm bored. Have fun this halloween.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'll have to write that down to make sure I remember it. One thing I'm going to cary around with me is a wooden pencil (I've been using mechanical for over 5 years now), along with some lint (there's a big bag of it around here somewhere, we keep it for a fire starter on campouts, works really good), and either just a normal deck of cards, or I'm thinking about printing some Joker cards out.

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a thread for Hauls. I don't think anyone really needs to create a personal one

11. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Wow knook. Jump in, take a leak on this guys pile o lint and loot and your out. Hilarious.

And dude, you don't leave a Universe Sunstreaker for any deluxe Animated figure; never.
    You see I too know the rules and boldly announce them when I see an infraction.
    Still nice haul.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No offense, but I've seen plenty of personal haul threads, and the mods almost always never have a problem with them (if they do it's probably due to an argument that happens within the thread, and not the fact that the thread is a haul thread). If the mods have a problem with this thread, they'll do what they want with it, but it seems that, at least so far, they have no issues with it.

Thanks for the back-up :D 

lol, Animated seemed to be the more popular out of the two lines at my peticular Target, so I figured I would get the one's I needed from that line first. That and stores around here have been a bit behind other stores. I'll have plenty of opportunities to get Sunstreaker. That and him and Onslaught are the next two I plan on buying, and Onslaught's the only one of the two that I'm slightly worried about, since I haven't seen any yet.

13. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just voicing my opinion, Its not your Haul thread I have a problem with (It's them on a whole), You probably made it because you saw other peoples (And that's not really a valid excuse)

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yet you picked my thread to complain about haul threads in.

No, I made it because I bought my largest TF haul, and thought that it deserved it's own thread. Where other people could then maybe share stories of their first large haul. Instead of being one of many many posts in one long thread.

Again, if the mods have a problem with my thread, they'll take action and do what they see is the right thing to do. Thus far they seem to have absolutely no problems with it. Let's get back on-topic before we get into an argument, which would have a good chance of ending this thread.

15. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the thread had more of a "post your biggest hauls" feel then it wouldn't be a personal thread but would be more of what you tried to describe. I wont post any more because its not worth it. Also I chose your thread because its the most recent; I'm not going to find a 3 month old thread to complain or create my own thread to complain

16. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Biggest haul thread it is then.
    Mine was the street date release of the movie figures last year.
    Leader Class: Prime(best toy in the line)
    Toys R Us 2 pack: Blackout/Scorponok
    Voyager: Starscream
    Deluxe: Jazz, 79BB, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Brawl,
    and the white Decepticon personnel carrier.

Other than that I've had two big hauls the last two years attending Botcon and buying all the exclusives plus a few odds and ends when there.

My next big haul will be when my local WalyWorld gets the Universe Ultras. They're in my local Targets and Toys R Us but my work gave me a $100 gift card for Christmas and it has been burning a whole in my wallet for 8 months waiting for thees guys. By the time they hit shelves wave 2 deluxe should be there too and I'll get Galvatron and 4 more Acid Storm, that's right I'll have 5 my first excursion into troop building.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still don't have Soundwave. T_T

18. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Biggest Haul:
    Leader Movie Megatron
    Leader Movie Optimus Prime
    Deluxe Movie Bumblebee
    Deluxe Movie Barricade
    Deluxe Movie Jazz
    Deluxe Movie Wreakage

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I wasn't able to find an Onslaught today, but I figured I'd post in here again like I said I would. I was however able to get a Sunstreaker, which has evened out my collection to 70. Now there are only three more TF's currently released that I'll need to get. Universe Onslaught, Animated Grimlock, and Animated Lugnut (Blitzwing has been spotted, but I don't consider him released yet). I was also succesfull in finding some parts for my costume. I'll need to dye them, but they should definetly work for me once I do. Now all I really need to get is the vest, gloves, make-up kit, and a fake knife or two.

20. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Cool a biggest haul thread! Here's my haul from around a year ago. I got all of this for $85 dollars! The Shockwave turned out to be broken and I've since sold one of the Reflectors, but I've still got the rest of them!

[​IMG]