Big Dawg's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Big Dawg, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Updated Collection pics (July 24, 2012) Many items packed away right now (G1, Classics) until I get some detolfs to display them. Here's what I have out now:

Side Dresser, just some cool figs and MPs:
    [​IMG]

I love the deluxe movie cliffjumper for some reason:
    [​IMG]

Night stand- The Bad guys (Scourge, Shockwave, Sixshot, MP Meg upgrade kit and some botcon posters that Curamen hooked me up with):
    [​IMG]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [Original Post]

hey everyone. Since I enjoy looking at others' collection threads so much I thought I would share mine. Been collecting since the fall of 2010 when I purchased MP Grimlock and I was sucked right in. I dug up all my old guys and basically bought everything from retail I could find. I love the Bay-verse movies so my collection is focused mainly on classics and movie-verse. Classics I have the pokemon syndrome (gotta catch em all) and the movie toys I only try and get the "best" version of each screen character (ie/ human alliance and leaders whenever possible). So, I present you my collection.

[​IMG]
    Movie Corner

[​IMG]
    Top Shelf: Power up prime, voyager bad guys (I don't really like leader tftm megaton so I went with the premium voyager) and bonecrusher

[​IMG]
    Middle shelf: human alliance, some leaders (voyager ratchet is hiding in the corner)

[​IMG]
    Bottom Shelf: deluxes, human alliance, leaders, voyagers etc lol

[​IMG]
    Classics Corner

[​IMG]
    Top Shelf: Unicron

[​IMG]
    Middle shelf: mostly 1986 movie guys

[​IMG]
    Bottom Shelf: Autobot deluxes

[​IMG]
    closet: some of the guys in storage, plus misb rotf supreme devastator

[​IMG]
    and any Canadians might recognize this autographed jersey in shadowbox my wife got me for xmas this year

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ...first!

Love the G2 Ramjet, but seeing the BM Blackarachnia like that pains me to no end. It's almost like she lost a game of musical chairs that your figures were playing on the corner unit :lol 

3. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    bahaha, yeah I just started setting them up in the corner units and I was like "man, I don't have room for the deceptions". Well at least I managed to wedge the seekers in there (although I don't have a ramjet yet)

4. Canadatron1984

Canadatron1984 Well-Known Member

Kool corners displays. Yeeaaaahhhh Canada!! and the CFL with the bigger ballz.

5. Arc Flash

Arc Flash The Usurper

Looks like you need some more shelf space! :p 
    It's a shame that your WFC Megatron isn't out on display
    Though I like how your classics shelf looks

6. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

pretty crowded...but a nice selection of stuffs!!

bucket

7. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I really like those corner shelves. Nice usage of space. :)  I might try something like that.

As for your collection, very cool and you have a lot of figures. You need more room though, which is probably a problem all collectors deal with. lol

8. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah...

Space is one of the many battles that'll likely never be won hah.

9. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice collection! Also, nice Rubbermaid Closet Storage, I got the same thing in my closet! :D 

10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    If you meant the hanger thing, I remember having one of those that ended up breaking. Apparently, they aren't designed to hold 50 lbs of clothes at a time, especially when you try and climb on it to get up to the high shelf...

Also to Big Dawg, how long've you had that gold Battle Ops Bee?

11. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    thanks. And I don't think we actually use bigger balls anymore... although it made for quite the advertising campaign in the 90s.

Ugh, yeah me and shelf space are in an eternal battle. I have about 5 large rubber made containers filled with trade bait etc. guess I need to be more selective

Thanks man. I'm starting to get into G1 now so I better find a new place to store things. I think an Ikea trip for some detolfs may be in order. Anyone have any insight as to how stable detolfs are with little ones around (I have a 1.5 year old at home).

thanks. the wife and I put that up a couple of weeks ago. Excellent storage although we had to customize it a bit to add extra shelves/reinforce it.

Thanks for the heads up, although I'm pretty tall so I shouldn't need to do any climbing.

I got the gold bumblebee from the walmart sale recently where he was clearanced for $20- although he has was unfortunate and can only tune in to french radio stations. I hear "personne ne peux attraper Bumblebee" randomly lol

And thanks to everyone for looking- I really appreciate the comments.

12. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine only gets French reception too, but I think is hilarious. Plus, I took the batteries out within like an hour of having it in the house couse I didn't want it making noise all the time or leaking all over itself, so its all good. Someone on Cybertron.ca said these were 20 bucks, and it was like yeah... this is definitely worth the 45 minute drive to the farther Wal-Mart after the close one didn't have dick.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those corner shelves are really neato! Thanks for sharing your collection here :thumb 

14. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    Thanks Allen

15. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    Latest acquisitions- my last decepticon plane Ramjet and TFcon headrobots Stronghold upgrade kit (now just waiting on my onslaught to arrive so I can have a classics fort max!)
    [​IMG]

and here are my jets now (took em out of the display so I could see them in all their glory)
    [​IMG]

16. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    bump for newest acquisition and update to the OP

[​IMG]

17. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

How is the scourge?