Minor/Repaint: big daddy / downshift converted into wheeljack (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by anovasinn, Mar 17, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

WELL FOR A SIMPLE REPAINT THIS ONE HAS BEEN A HEAD ACHE. THE BODY MODS WHERE RATHER STRAIGHT FORWARD

FIRST THING THAT HAD TO GO WAS THAT STUPID ENGINE POKING OUT OF THE HOOD. I DID THE BEST I COULD WITH THIS PROBLEM WITHOUT GIVING WHEELJACK A HAT LOL.

NEXT WAS THE BUMPER MOD I TOOK THE EXISTING BUMPER AND GLUED A PEICE OF PLASTIC CARD STOCK TO THE BOTTOM SHAPED IT THEN ADDED EPOXY SCULPT TO SCULPT THE OTHER PIECES. SANDING SANDING PRIMER MORE SANDING TOP COAT THEN CLEAR. NOT PERFECT BUT WHITE HIDES FLAWS RATHER WELL. AND IT LOOKS VERY WHEELJACK.

THIRD ADDED EPOXY SCULPT TO THE GRILL TO MAKE FLAT. THEN PAINTED FLAT BLACK AS WELL AS THE HEADLIGHT PANELS.

FORTH GOT RID OF THE INNER NON PAINTED TAIL LIGHTS.THEY MADE IT LOOK TO MUCH LIKE A FORD LTD WITHOUT THEM LOOKS MORE LIKE A 69 CHEVELLE.

AND FIFTH THE WING I TOOK AN EXISTING WING FROM A ERO RACER MODEL KIT I HAVE CUT IT DOWN SHAPED IT ADDED TWO PEGS DRILLED TWO HOLES IN THE BODY SANDED AND PAINTED.

THE PAINT APPS IS WHERE MY HEAD ACHES COME THE WHITE WENT ON WITHOUT A HITCH MORE OR LESS. BUT THE GREEN HAS BEEN A MONSTER FROM HELL I MADE IT TO THIN AND IT DID NOT COVER PROPER AND I THINK THE PH OF THE PAINT IS OFF OR SOMETHING AS WELL.

AS IT IS I HAVE HAD TO DO A LOT OF DAMAGE CONTROL AND I THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CLEAN AND REPAINT IT.

pictures updated 5\14\08 sorry for the delay it got back burnered for the aggrivation the paint apps gave me. i am very happy with the overall apperance of the piece however i do not like the pegs on the roof for the back wings i made. also as it sits now it is about 80% complete i need decals and i need to find some parts i misplaced. also i need to detail the wings with panel lines and such

Attached Files:

2. ryan_bigdawg

ryan_bigdawg Well-Known Member

That looks awesome being a wheeljack fan i know that looks like wheeljack and i think that this should have been classics wheeljack in car mode.
    NICE JOB DUDE! :) 

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    WOW that car mode looks fantastic! Freakin' sweet man! Can wait to see what you come up with next

4. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I DON'T THINK THE GREEN LOOKS THAT BAD, MAYBE TRY LINING IT TO CLEAN UP ALL THE MISTAKES. I AWAIT BOT MODE.

5. anovasinn

i did start lining it on the hood it does help. the issue though is the inconsistance of the green maybe after i add the red it may not be so bad and hide that issue. also the pictures were very kind to me i mean it looks better in pictures than in reality. i am thinking maybe having some decals made and going that route instead.

thanks everyone for the kind words it really helps motivate me to continue it

6. anovasinn

updsted with new pictures

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Guys, can we dispense with the CAPS LOCK please?

TYPICALLY CAPS LOCK REFERS TO SHOUTING. WE CERTAINLY DON'T NEED RADICONS SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER. ARE WE CLEAR ON THIS?

(anovasinn, would it be too much trouble to edit your first post to remove the CAPS LOCK? Thanks man :thumb )

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    its shaping up really well, but I have 2 critiques. First, If it'd been me, I'd have trimmed spots INSIDE the cab for those wings to set, so that they'd not detract from the car mode, and second is all the paint looks pretty good, but I think the weathered look of the legs sticks out from the clean car paint job and seems a little out of place.

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

AWESOME!! (sorry superquad 7, had to do it)

It looks great man, can't wait to the the finished deal.

10. anovasinn

my friend said the same thing about the legs and body(he seen it first hand) as far as the wings i agree 100%. however the only way i see of doing it is to cut slots in the windshield:thumbdown  or making a large clip that comes from the backside and comes over to the top. the reason i say that is because of the hinge. i plan on making another with my other downshift so any other sugestions for this problem are very welcome.

super squad7 note taken future posts will be devoid of caps lock.

11. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Let me start by saying I can absolutely appreciate the effort that went into this kitbash: I think the overall craftmanship is great.

That being said, I do think the alt mode looks like it came from the same custom shop as this car:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.ricecop.com

12. anovasinn

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think slots in the corners of the windshield detract as much as pegs on the roof. I feel your pain, I had to put pegs on the roof of my wildrider from this mold for my Menasor.