Big Convoy first shot.. Need advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hulk23869, Aug 26, 2012.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS NEO - Prototype - First Shot - Big Convoy - AFA 90 | eBay

Thinking about buying the item in the link above. It's a big convoy first shot. I have a couple questions first though. If it's the prototype then is this the only one in the world? And is it reallllly worth 1200? Does it seem like a good buy or no?

Also, I've been looking for the rare green transmetal ramulus. Does anyone know where I can get one, or contact information for someone who owns one?

Thanks

2. JPOC

JPOC Banned

the hartmans (the two that started botcon) had one in their collection...not sure if they still have it....i know it was posted online on different sites a while ago they sold off a bunch of their AFA'ed and obscure stuff.

3. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Thanks, i'll try to get in touch with them but I imagine it won't be easy!

4. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Sorry to break it to you but there are a bunch of these around and they aren't prototypes for the big convoy but test shots for the Universe nemesis convoy that was released in target around 2004

So it's cool but its not "the" big convoy prototype. I know for a fact a bunch exist as I talk to the guy that sold a bunch of them....he had a few on ebay a few months back for around $400

5. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Also there would always be more than one Prototype. They may only be one Hardcopy, though even those there are sometimes more. Prototypes and Testshots (which most people call prototypes) are made in multiples. The whole idea of Testshots is to test the mold / plastics to see what works, and what doesn't.

They are of cause made in less quantities then released items, and sometimes have mold differences, if they are early Production Samples -which is always nice to see