Big Convoy AMV

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I made a music vid tribute to my fave BW Convoy! Check it out:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fantastic amv dude Big Convoy rocks! Definately one of my favorite convoys from any series. i love the fact that most people know him in the series as the "one robot army" and its a title he definately deserves.

3. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

That was cool! I still need to watch that series.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice, very nice. :D 

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm glad you're still around :)  Good job.

6. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Black Oracle! So glad to hear from you again! Hope you are doing great!

Your video is awesome! I really enjoyed it and the music rules too!

This makes me pray again to have an opportunity to watch BW NEO again in a decent video queality, specially now that I understand more Japanese.

Bests!

7. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Very cool vid indeed! Nicely done :thumbs2: 

8. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I iz remembered! Yeys! I'm glad to be back here too guys! I sorta crawled back in late summer last year after the movie as i needed a communicative outlet to get out all my excitement over it y'see. He! He! Yes, coming back here has brought back memories of tfw's earlier days, but the site's so bustling now with many many more members! Things certainly have changed in my absence.

Glad you all enjoyed the music vid! I've just been rewatching the BW Neo series on tape and oggling over the badassery that is Big Convoy once again! Does anyone else think he sounds kinda young for a Maximal/Cybertron commander figure tho'? I always thought it was a deliberate choice of voice to differentiate his rebellious 'lone wolf' character from the typical noble, heroic voices and characters of other Cybertron leaders. Am i correct in thinking this?

9. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

That AMV was sick, I love it, its about time someone made a good one of Big Convoy.

10. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry for the kinda off topic question, but where did you get the BW Neo series? ive been tryin to find a way of watching the whole series but cant find it anywhere, just a few episodes on youtube.

11. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lio convoy looked green! Was that the fusion of Lio Convoy and Lio Junior? He was called the green ....

12. Neo-Bombshell

News Credits:
    He he he, How I missed to honor Black Convoy-Sama... and all the funny jokes about him... ALL HAIL BLACK CONVOY-SAMA! Oh sweet old days!

I finally managed not only to get Black Convoy-Sama as a figure, I also could get all Car Robots figures. It's been a looong way!

BTW What's the name of the song? My son and wife also loved you video!

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Black Convoy Sama? As if!

Gelshark Forever!! ;) 

Excellent video, by the way. I like the song you chose; it helps to paint an interesting picture of Big Convoy. Outside of the first 10 episodes, I haven't seen any of BWNeo, so I never got to know the character that well. Is he really as tragic as the video suggests?

14. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Oh you Americans and your Americanisms! At first i thought you didn't like the AMV when i read 'sick'! That's a negative term here in the UK still. Ha! Ha!

Most of the clips i used were indeed off the tube Jedah, and i got one ep off TFCog.com. I haven't come up with any other sources of BW Neo eps off the net other than that.

At the end of the BW2 series LioConvoy was charged with the energy of the planet Gaea and his matrix and he fused with Lio Junior which for some reason turned him green. It appears he doesn't necessarily require Lio Junior to fuse with in order to 'go green' tho', as he seemed pretty much on his own when he came to aid Big Convoy at the the end of the BW Neo series.

Glad ur whole family enjoyed my AMV N-B! The song's "All I Ask For" by Ill Nino.

And so u should possess a Black Convoy figure! All fans should have him and shower him with adoration! :D  My Black Convoy Sama demands nothing short of total worship er, admiration i mean...For he is superior among all evil Convoys! *Hugs own Black Convoy figure.*

*Throws a Big Convoy Tongfa stick at Gelshark's head.* Take that fish-face! Black Convoy Sama superior! Gelshark inferior! Muhahahaha!

Well maybe 'tragic' isn't quite the right word to describe Big Convoy, but he certainly, imo, was a character of many interesting paradoxes. He's a good guy, yet look how armed to the teeth he is! He detested having to lead others, viewing this as a loss of his freedom and it was difficult for him as a result, but in the end, it made him into a stronger leader, he learnt as much from his soldiers as they did under his mentorship; he went from untamed, wild loner to responsible, noble team leader. He used to just be a 'lone wolf' warrior that fought battles of his choice and in his own 'overkill' way, not necessarily for any higher vaues or for others, yet by the end of the series, he was determined to stop the greatest threat in TFs history after witnessing the loss of many other fallen allies and even an enemy (Magmatron, who disappeared into a dimensional hole for a time after been the first to combat a resurrected Unicron), that was when he truly became 'heroic' imo; so there was a shift from 'self' to 'others' in Big Convoy there. He certainly came from a unique character background story and went through a significant personal journey during the course of the Neo series, which, to me, makes him one of the more intriguingly developed of Cybertron leader characters. Anyways, that's my praise for Big Convoy's character.

15. Neo-Bombshell

News Credits:
    I also agree on that Black Oracle. Big Convoy's grwing as a leader is one the most interesting plots in BW NEO.

And, of course, my Black Convoy-Sama figure is in a special place in my house. Funny thing, my son learned how to say "Black Convoy" first instead of truck, so everytime he saw a truck he just said "Black Convoy".

:bowdown: 

16. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

Do you know where i might me able to watch episodes of Beast Wars Neo, ive tried to search but i came up with none

17. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Your son's a fast learner mate! Did you show him eps of Car Robots in raw Japanese then? Is that how he picked up the name 'Black Convoy'?

And speaking of of Big Convoy's development in BW Neo, does anyone else here see parallels between the Cybertrons of BW Neo and the Autobots in Animated? They're all kinda rookie-ish warriors. And I think Animated Prime may be going through a similar development to Big Convoy.

There's a few eps up on youtube and some fan dubbed eps available for download at TFCog.com.

18. Neo-Bombshell

News Credits:

19. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Jedah,

If you have a bittorent client, you can use a google search or the search function from the client to find "Beast Wars Neo". I found several torrents available for the series all the way up to Episode 27 of 33. FYI, however, they are in raw Japanese and not dubbed or subtitled. I'm waiting for the guy posting them to put up the rest and my collection of eps will finally be complete!

20. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    See the power my Black Convoy-Sama holds over others! Your family have fallen for his dark charms! Ha! Ha!

No AMV for Black Convoy at the mo, but i'm thinking he may be next on my hit list!