Big Cons, Small Bots, Solution?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Has anyone noticed the lack of size on majority of the new Autobots? And how all the new Decepticons are huge (Especialy Demolishor)?
    My question is, will we see any bigger Bots, if so, who?

Discuss!

2. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I thought the decepticons were always larger than the autobots......

3. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

they will use the teamwork idea to make up for the size differential but I hope springer is the v-22 osprey or the jumbo carrier jet is omega supreme..but im def. just hoping prob not gunna happen...maybe springer will..hopefuly

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    With the exception of higher-ups like Starscream and Megatron, the Autobots seem to be able to hold their own well enough, though it usually takes a team-effort to bring just one down "quickly". (though remember, not all Decepticons are big, and not all Autobots are small)

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Decepticons are of course larger than autobots, and better skills in battles. Thats because Decepticon are cybertronian soldiers and Autobots are cybertronian citizens. Autobots has no idea about how to fight.

6. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    If the currently unnamed Autobot transport plane toy is in the movie as a character he's going to be impressively proportioned -- especially if the the mini Optimus Prime figure packaged with him is in scale! In fact, he'd be the largest movie robot yet (correct me if I'm wrong, please). Also, if we have Springer as an Osprey, he'll be around the same size as Blackout in TF1. As has been mentioned above, the Autobots combining their firepower seemed to serve them pretty well in the Mission City battle. Except against Starscream and Megatron. Jolt will be around Bumblebee's height, the Twins will be about the same as Jazz, and Jetfire will be impressive -- though how much ass he'll be kicking as an older 'bot is debateable.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, there is that item that's popped up from time to time that Michael Bay wanted an aircraft carrier character; maybe that could be an Autobot (even though it's a military vessel, and military/authority vehicles were Decepticons in the first film) like Metroplex if it ever makes it into a film.

I wouldn't mind a huge Metroplex or Omega Supreme to take on Devastator, or even Superion if the Autobots ever get a combiner. If the creative team on the films wants to stick to the 'heroes can/should be smaller than/outgunned by the villains, then beat them on intelligence, guile and will' schtik, then this may never change. Who knows though. Maybe the Autobots will get a huge 'bot of their own to fight Devastator or the Fallen or something that's somehow yet to be revealed.

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron, Starscream, the Fallen and Devastator are obviously very large, but most of the Decepticons are very puny - Insecticons, kitchen robots, the Pretender and so on...

The solution to Devastator? Us.

[​IMG]

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. Then, thinking about it, who else is really large? (Counting Demolishor as a part of Devys.) Sideways looks to be Barricade height, who was only slightly taller than Bumblebee. The pretender is obviously small, and Soundwave, if his deluxe figure is in decent scale, looks small. Scorponok is smaller than all of the Autobots, as is Ravage and the dreadlock bot. So.. We have some smaller decepticons.

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    jetfire is large, and jetfireprime will be bigger again

11. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

This is something that has tiked me off quite alot and i've commented on it several times. I suppose autobots are much more skillful, acrobatic and creative fighters. The idea seems to be that cons can blow the hell out of the bots quite easily, but only if they can hit them.

One thing i noticed in the first film, i dont know if it was to showcase prime or just error, but you'll notice several shots Prime is towering over ironhide and ratchet. Like ironhide is suppose to be 26ft to primes 32 ft, but some shots made him look like 20ft...and all it does is make the other bots look weaker.

Jetfire will likely be a fair bit larger then prime. If the twins combine they will likely be around the size of ratchet. Im hoping springer will be in it, he'll likely be bigger then prime as well.

12. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

In terms of skill, i think the movies will be a little opposite. Cons big and bold with firepower. Bots skillful and flashy.

13. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

Big Cons = pathetic small weapons
    Small Bots = BIG BLASTERS!!!!!

14. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    as chip chase would say.... COURAGE

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like bigger Decepticons. It emphasises that they are war machines, and it emphasises that the Autobots have to work to defeat them, using all their skill, teamwork and courage. To be honest, I'd rather see Decepticons brought down in epic fashion, than perfectly matched one on one fights any day of the week.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much agree with this, as long as the Autobots don't look tooooo weak. Common complaint - I hate how wimpy they made Prime in the final battle of movie 1.

At least he kicked Bonecrusher's ass though

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I can imagine the 3 bikes jumping all over Demolisher, shooting him repeatedly, while he just is too slow to catch one.

18. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

But what does that prove? all bonecrusher did is get his ass kicked by prime.

19. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Robo-steroids anyone?

20. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    well, this new movie has presented some interesintg factors.

-autobot planes (springer, unnamed toy)
    -mini combiner teams (motorbike sisters, twins [rumored], and jet optimus)

But most of teh decepticons aren't DRASTICALLY larger than the others. like sideways, soundwave, scorponok