Big Brother 8 - WTF??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JinraiPrime, Aug 22, 2007.

1. hanwombat

hanwombat I'm not a Wombat really..

Bb = Bollocks :d

2. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is the 1rst season I watched Big Brother...I have to say I am hooked...I have to agree that Amber cries WAY too much...Dustin gets kicked out, she cries...she has to eat slop, she cries....thinks of her daughter, she cries... Walks through the house, she cries... Dreams of puppies, she cries...COME ON!!! She be pretty cute if her face weren't puffy all the time for tears...HUGE emotional issues here....

I'm rooting for Dick & Danielle...They had NO chance of staying in the house, yet somehow they are now in control...it's very cool.

3. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

and what are these behind the scenes things you speak of?

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I used to love BB (the British version). I gave up in 2004 when they adopted a policy of putting complete freaks in the house. At least the first series (in 2000) had an interesting element of being a psychological/sociological experiment. Oh, and a housemate who was manipulating everyone else. :D 

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Just to name a few.

1. When Dick is on the block, and the house is ready to evict him, CBS calls everyone into the diary room one at a time and they come out with some interesting strategical reason for wanting to keep him. Jen's come right out and said they've told her it's in the house's best interest to keep Dick on numerous occassions.

2. When Eric was on the block, and the house was ready to keel-haul his ass for being a dispicable liar, same thing.

3. When Dick threatens violent action, steals people's clothes and luxury items, tampers with the food (adding various sauces to juice and theatening adding bodily functions to food) he gets told that's probably not a good idea. When Jen steals and smashes Dick's ciggies, Big Brother replaces them, then scolds her sternly.

4. Watching the difference between the live feeds and the televised shows, you really see who CBS itself wants to keep in the game. Dick is a vile, horrible human being, threatening Jen with raping her up the ass until she bleeds to death, calling her rank (feminine genitals), threatening her with oral sexual assault, and screaming other verbal abuse at her, going as far as dumping tea on her. This is edited down to Dick being a goofy bastard in the name of the game and Jen being a spoiled sport about it.

Basically, having kept up with the live feeds for about four seasons now, this is the first time where I really don't care for any of the editing choices they've made. They're making Dick and Daniele out to be heroes, and anyone against them out to be horrible people. The fact that Jen can even tolerate being there at this point should be rewarded. Instead she's given a penalty vote, and if she doesn't leave this week, a penalty nom next week without the chance to play for veto.

If I were her, and had to tolerate what she's had to tolerate, I'd have taken out three of them before they could get someone in the house to stop me. She's much more calm and rational than I could ever be in that situation.

And America blissfully votes to evict Jen, and continues to make Dick and Daniele the most popular players week after week. We're a sick, sick society to hold those two up as our examples of cool.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Big brother willis is still the coolest

7. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

:lol 

8. The_Bardock

Looks like she actually deserved the extra vote for breaking the rules.

9. Night Flame

Yeah, once she ate, she certainly did. But I understand her frustration in the face of Dick being allowed to do whatever he wants all season long with nothing more than a verbal warning each time.

I'm frustrated about it, and I'm not there.

That ciggie-fight was sort of frightening from both sides. Looked like Dick decided to stab at her with it and she didn't appear to want to let up on slapping it out of his hand. Jameka may have actually saved a forced ejection of one of the two if not both of them by stopping it.

10. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Make no mistakes about it CBS (?) loves all the drama and if they can push the limit they will. Amber is still a whiny biblethumpin' douchebag... i REALLY cant stand her as a competitor or as a person. I LOVED how she tried to reason why god would make her lose that last competition....i have your answer Amber assuming he exists for the moment God has no EFFIN INTEREST IN YOUR GREED....hate hate HATE lol.

11. Night Flame

Funniest part of last night's show? Amber telling the makeup artist for Power of 10 that everybody in the audience is just going to love her because of her personality.

My wife turns to me and says, "When did she get a personality?"

I was laughing too hard to reply.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Whatchoo talkin' about, Muffin?

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:

:banghead: 

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Will and Mike were the only reason I watched last season
    [​IMG]

15. Night Flame

Disbelief, or the same reaction anyone else who'd like to see a real game feels?

16. The_Bardock

I'm really not buying into the whole Conspiracy theory

17. Night Flame

It's not so much a conspiracy theory as facts that support that CBS wants Dick and Eric to stay in the house as long as possible. CBS wants to make money, and they know controversy creates viewers. And they've invested a lot in this "America's Player" gimmick.

Worse than having to see Dick week after week is the prospect that from here on out, every season will have at least one clone of him. But at least it'll be easy to spot in the first couple weeks now that I know what to expect and I won't have to dedicate the entire summer to watching the train-wreck unfold next time.

18. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

GOD i hate her, shes back again... they better vote her the fuck out, im all for American asking for eric to smash her in the face with a frying pan, give the little wuss a reason to cry.

19. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I didn't watch it tonight, was Zach kicked out?

20. Night Flame

Nope. Whamber went whahing her way out of the house.

And they started the best idea I've ever seen for a Big Brother competition. Transport sixteen gallons of tea in a three oz teacup down about a twenty-five yard walk by the looks of it. A slick walk, covered in oil. They said at best they'll have to cover over seven miles before it's full. I almost wish I'd gotten the feeds just to watch the whining that will occur.