Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by PaleMoon, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have you tried watching a studio sitcom without a laugh track, it just seems slightly joyless and empty, just watch Red Dwarf back to earth and you'll see what I mean.

‪The Big Bang Theory - No Laughter Track and Faster Paced‬‏ - YouTube

2. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe everyone things there is a laugh track. BBT is filmed in front of a live audience. Producers have said multiple times there is no laugh track and it is purely the audience.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This. So much.
    I watched Back to Earth the other day and it just didn't feel right.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've watched a few episodes and enjoyed them, but I didn't think the show was good enough to bother watching regularly. I did like Sheldon's character and the 'nerd humor' is also amusing, if a little overdone at times. Probably the main reason I don't watch it more is that I found the various romantic subplots boring, although this is one of the reasons I don't watch much scripted TV in general, so I can't entirely hold that against BBT.

And I absolutely hate the theme song, since I'd always hoped that leaving Canada meant I'd never be subjected to the godawful music of the Barenaked Ladies ever again.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The one major flaw in the show for me is the change in Leonard's character from Season 1 to now. He went from being a pathetic, yet funny, supernerd to dating women like Penny and Raj's sister, which is just implausible. It's rendered his character unfunny, IMO.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Unlikely maybe, but not implausible. And that's only for Penny. He just wore her down till she finally "broke the glass". See the Chris Rock bit about women with male friends. Raj's sister is a different situation. My own sister married a man who's a lot like her father and brothers. So Pryia getting together with Leonard isn't that strange.