Big Bad Toy Store Newsletter for 12/10/06

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    A few of these have been reported already - kudos to Robogeek28 and Deathx360. However, there's plenty more TF News in this newsletter, including Wave 2 of the Classics Minicons!

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know people have issues with some of BBTS' pricing, but it was worth the convenience for me.
    Until I saw Magnus/Skywarp at $49.99. Jay-sus--I figured it would be priced at about $20, maybe $25 at Target, and with that kinda markup I'll just do some hunting over Crimmus break. Hell, every once in a while it's fun to go back to pre-internet style shopping. Gets the juices flowing, whatever that means.

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    since there is no Targets in Canada and whenever buddy heads down to Bellingham and Seattle there seems to be no TF's left, so ordering this 2-pack online works out for me.

*logs in to BBTS and makes pre-order for classics 2-pack*

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly...I don't understand this at all......

Also, why is that they can get more of the "exclusive" Nemesis Primes in, yet they can't get any more Alt. Camshafts?!?!?!

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think Nemesis Prime should definitely win rip-off of the year award. For as "rare" has this figure is suppose to be, I find it hard to believe that every online store has tons of these.

Oh, and I love the whole "WE're getting a limited amount in" line. No shit huh...limited until the shipment comes in.

6. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I 2nd that man... and winner of the Rip-Off of the year award goes to.... Transformers Alternators Nemesis Prime!

BOOOOOO!

7. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even at the price it's already sold out! Dammit I'm going to have to pay the scalpers on ebay now!

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I purchase my toys from eBay & honestly speaking, there're a lot of pretty good & honest sellers in there. You just need to do some thorough searching to find 'em & you can still get whatever you want at a justifiable price. ;) 

9. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True and I do buy stuff off ebay all the time at good prices. I just get annoyed at how overpriced some of the new figures get on there. For example if you pay more than £9.99 for the Skywarp, Red Alert, Prowl, Tracks or Inferno reissues in the UK at the moment you're mad as that what TRU is selling them for here, but there are lots of UK ebay sellers with them listed for between £14.99 and £24.99!

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Seeing as there are not Targets here, I'm interested in the Magnus vs. Skywarp set. I don't even mind the price, because that's probably cheaper than the reselling price it would get here.

Too bad it's already sold out.

-airfox

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Ditto dude, we dont have any Targets in Singapore either so I enquired about this set from 1 of my local toyshop & guess wat??

USD $36 for it! :( 

It seems expensive when comparing to SRP of USD $20 but then again, Prime's retailing at around USD $33 here so it's still a steal if I preorder this set. But then again, my wallet's cringing in PAIN.. *Dilemma again!*