Customs: BIACS Mockup

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Maximo Prime, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Ok, guys, some of you know i've been working on this forever! By working, i mean desigining, and imagining...i haven't actually DONE anything yet. other than some digibashes.... at any rate, here are some mock up pics, along with the digibashes for my fanchar BIACS (Bull In A China Shop). He is a garbage truck, and i hope to have him done before Animated Wreck-Gar comes out, so that he can be the first Garbage Truck Transformer. WOOT! :) 

Anyway, he's going to be made from RID Prime, RID Ultra Magnus's legs, Cyb Prime's backpack, and E-Landmine's brute mode stuff. I was struggling with where everything would end up in vehicle mode - would E-LM's brute arms stay fixed on RID Prime's forearms, to stick out the back of Cyb Prime's backpack? in this mode, they'd represent the compactor.

The more i toyed with it, the more i realized it might not work. I originally had no plans for E-LM's backpack, just the stuff to strap onto the arms. but I pulled it down off the shelf, and tried to get it to lay right on the back of Cyb Prime's backpack, and here are the pre-alteration results:
    here's a mockup of both vehicle modes and robot modes. Not sure yet where i'm going to stash E-Landmine's brute backpack on this monstrosity of a robot mode :) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm probably going to ditch Cyb Prime's cannon stuff unless I can find a way for them to fit. Most likely though, they'll be gone. I'm going to dremel a hole into the cyb prime trailer so that the UM legs can peg in. I'll probably fashion some peg hole combo to help the landmine backpack connect too... but I'm not sure yet how i'll connect the RID Prime body. I'm also going to add panels of styrene to close off the holes in the UM trailer bits. Here's a mockup of his head:

[​IMG]

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd ditch the cyb prime guns, and also RID prime's actual fists too. Not a bad idea, I think you'll have a lot of modifying to do to make the alt-mode cohesive, but you're off to a good start.

3. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    That's exactly what i was thinking - the alt-mode needs more cohesion. I was going to lose the cyb prime guns, they're just stuffed out of the way.

As for the RID Prime fists, i was toying with the idea of BIACS being able to have regular hands to do, you know, regular things, while being able to slap on his brute "gloves" if you will to handle heavy duty jobs.

I'm interested in your reason to lose the RID Prime fists, though.

Thanks for the crit!!

4. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Just because in his super-mode, they make it look like the big arms are simply tacked-on, whereas most TF super-modes it just looks like a larger robot.

5. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    yeah i guess you can't avoid the super-mode issue. I've always envisioned that this was his mode, period. Always had the Omega Prime boots on. Always had the wings on, always had the big arms, with the claws that would just slide out of the way. A bit of a partsformer, a la G1 Ultra Magnus. UM was most recognized in his "super mode", almost to the point that that wasn't his super mode, it was his regular mode, and the other one was "the inner robot". Whereas RID Prime was recognized as just the cab for regular, and all the add ons for his super mode.

Being that RID prime forms the core of BIACS, i can see how all this stuff looks super-mode-esque, and it is. But it was not my original intention. Maybe if the the treads laid further back on his forearms, bringing the claws that much closer to his fists? I still haven't figured out exactly what mods will take place to have them attach.

Yknow, besides, rubber bands. :) 

in the first days of my designing him, the whole claw thing was actually three individual claw fingers that would retract or flip back onto his bulky forearms. Then i realized i'd have no idea how to make that happen, so i started looking for parts that would allow for that claw/no claw thing inherently.

Thanks for your input, i admire your stuff quite a bit.

6. REDLINE

News Credits:
    thanks. I'd just use lego pieces :) 

7. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    heh, sorry, I'm being obtuse, I just woke up.

Where? to connect the vehicle parts? connect the brute arms? both?

8. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    here's what i'm trying to do to counter some width issues:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    see how the sidewalls are really stretching out of place to meet the back trailer? i think positioned right, the pegs that are on it can fit into new holes i'll put in the trailer.

here's a photo of the cab:
    [​IMG]

i also came up with a more concealing and closing-off way for the UM trailer to connect to the cab:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The blue piece that touches the side of the cab will have a hole drilled for it. the two posts on the forearm (that my thumb is near) will peek through the styrene wall i'll put there, and somehow be an extra connecting spot. The UM shins fit perfectly right behind the cab. before (you can see in pictures above), they were laying over the cab roof.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I was talking about the large arms to the normal arms.

10. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    so you're saying, maybe glue on lego bits to help those two parts connect?