Minor/Repaint: BFG for Classics Cliffjumper, recommendations.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mad_Jester, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Hey guys and gals,

I'm attempting to distinguish my Classics Cliffjumpr from Classics Bumblebee a little more. Since the Cliffjumpr upgrade is $90.00 on eBay, and I just can't see myself paying that much for that little plastic, I'm going to mod Cliffjumpers head with a mod I found searching around. It's the one that uses pieces of the jetski trailer to build up his head. In addition to that I removed Bumblebee's spoiler, because he didn't have one in G1. So the next thing is I want to find a Big F@&king Gun for him. If possible I'm thinking I may try to have it transform from the rest of CLiffjumpers unused trailer parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions of past guns from other lines that would fit in Cj's hands, would look cool, and might be able to transform from his trailer?

I know this might be a lot to ask, but I know I'm talking to geniuses here. So don't disappoint.

Thanks guys. I'll post pics as the project moves along.

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I read KO Defensor's gun(s) can fit in Cliffjumper's hands. Someone here did a cheapo mod using that tutorial. Their name escapes me.

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

I just give him Classic Magnus's gun, honestly. Looks sufficiently badass without being comically huge.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The smokestacks?

5. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

I thought about that, but I'd like to keep it with Magnus, plus I think the fun of Cj is his comically huge gun.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Cheak out what I did with the left over trailer pieces when I did this mod

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/joeluco/cliffyj008.jpg

Oh and remember to cut your pieces bigger than shown in the diagram and it's not entirely necessary to do the horn part, just leave the stock ones one and see how you like it. The horn mod was the hardest part for me to make look right the first time I did it. The pic I posted is my second attempt with the stock horns

Here's a link to my first try that ended up getting turned into a Brawn head

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...per-161416/?catid=searchresults&searchid=9440

Brawn:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...man-163350/?catid=searchresults&searchid=9440

7. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I looked at yours earlier and I do plan on keeping the stock horns. I like what you've done with the trailer. That give me an idea. Thanks. I can't wait to get some alcohol and go at it.

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I used to use Raiden's gun for CJ before I bought the upgrade kit back at the beginning of the year.

Couple of new pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Smirk" face:

[​IMG]

I have a lot more pics if anyone's interested in seeing them.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't hold with Cliffjumper having a BFG myself; as a brawler, I figured he never needed much other than his glass gas gun. Since the Classics fig didn't even get that, I modded an Armada Sideswipe pistol by adding a gas canister made from a Necron Gauss flayer from Games Workshop:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/cliffjumper_01-02.jpg

It stores nicely between his arms in car mode.

I did, however, decide to do something a little different when I bashed my fancharacter, Hardshell, by converting his trailer into a hand-held cannon:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/hardshell2_02-03.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/hardshell2_02-02.jpg

I basically added gunbarrels under the trailer, and created a flip-up handle in the seat of the jetski.
    The thing can still turn into its flight pack mode as well:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/hardshell2_02-01.jpg

To be honest, though, a vast majority of the guns produced for the last twenty years should fit in his hand, as he has a pretty standard 5mm fist hole.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That's pretty funny cuz I just got a A. Sideswipe in a big lot and decided to give the gun to Bumblebee since it reminds me of a stinger and it's clear yellow. Haven't checked to see if it fits in car mode. I just figured it would since it's so small

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Most guns from Armada+ will fit into the Classic figures hands, even some of the G1 Combiner guns (my Uni Onslaught is sporting a G1 Onslaught rifle), so you'll have plenty of options to choose from. As said before, Armada Sideswipe's pistol works fine for CJ, it fits in his hand and tucks away in alt mode, but it's a bit tiny. If you want bigger you could try for some Energon era guns, specifically the launchers. Rodimus and Hot shot have some nice big cannons. However they wouldn't have any place to store in alt mode. And of course you could always mod the trailer into a cannon as shown above, it works well, recycles parts and doesn't leave one of your older figures unarmed.

12. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Thank you all for the tips. I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to try and take Movie Scout Arcee's crossbow launcher and try to mod it onto the trailer to transformer into a BFG. Or, I may just use it with CJ without modding it to the trailer, maybe just painting it black. Well, see. I'm going to pick up some alcohol tomorrow and work on it this weekend. I know there are some tutorials about painting and such, but what do you guys recommend for paint and process for painting something like Arcee's gun?

Thanks again.

13. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I made this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pin of the trailer fit in the arm and below the cycle (Sting).

14. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Oh I remember this. Great idea. I like how the motorcycle is actually in scale with BB. I'm pretty sure even scout class cycles are 1:24 scale (alternators scale)

I think the idea to use E. Arcee's Crossbow could end up looking pretty sweet. The paint I would use is acrylic testors gloss black. It's quick drying, easy clean-up stuff. Probably wouldn't paint the handle cuz the paint would just scrap off when you put it in his hand

15. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Oh, nice! I love the idea of having the motorcycle on the trailer. I don't have any Autobot Minicon bikes though. Is that the only Autobot Bike?

Haha, I could also just put Legends class Cosmos or Wheelie on the trailer when they come out. Decisions, decisions...

16. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I agree with Ramrider, CJ seems more of a hands on type of guy!

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yay - I am agreed with! :D 
    Way I figure it, he only has his GG gun because despite his bravado, he's not particularly strong (he only has a Strength of 4 on his original bio). The glass gas weakens his opponents enough that his close combat attacks are that much more effective.
    In fact his Classics bio even says he'd rather just go in fists flying than bothering with guns, and actually calsses his function as "brawler" rather than "warrior".

18. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Good point. All of this is helping quite a bit. Thank you.

19. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I don't have any mod ideas, but I have Powermaster prime's black gun in his hands, it fits perfectly and looks cool.

20. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay: