Beyblade HELP!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by mocrzy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey all,
    My Nephew is REALLY into Beyblade... I don't know a thing about them. I want to get him some for Christmas, but I don't know what is good and what is rare. I don't want to get him some I think are cool & they turn out to be the equivalent of "Tuner Mudflap" or G1 "Twin Twist/Topspin" for Christmas.

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!!

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

How old's your nephew?

And Beyblade Metal Fusion's out now, grab anything from that line and you'll be fine.

Oh, and just a heads up: Beyblade has been getting progressively more dangerous. The plastics of the first gen were okay, then HMS brought it up a notch, and Metal Fusion is just the next advancement up the danger-o-meter. If it were me, i'd track down a HMS Round Shell top for him. It's rare, so you'll have to nab it off eBay or something, but it's great because it has a gimmick where it works as a wheel. Fun for kids, and one of the less dangerous tops, but still performs well against others, and won't get beaten too easily by newer blades.

EDIT: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?title=Round_Shell_MS

Obviously, since it's an older blade, and got limited release outside of Asia, it's not easy to track down, so you can rest assured that it's very unlikely your nephew will have this blade, and the rubber tire means that it works well both battle wise and safety wise. Ofcourse, safety is a relative thing in Beyblade, you've got spinning metal clashing with each other at high speeds. But of all the metal blades (HMS or Metal Fusion), i'd say this is the most reliable for being a 'safer' top. Still, use common sense, and don't come crying to me if your nephew gets hurt, beyblades are inherently dangerous.

3. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info treadshot. He's 10 and just got into it ( last year was bakugan, before that pokemon). That one you suggested IS hard to find. Nothing on the Internet right now, but it's good to know the metal ones are relatively new.

4. Treadshot A1

I had a feeling, Round Shell is sought after by some competitive players for it's parts, so it is a rare blade.

Um, it you really can't find one for a good price, then i'd say good alternatives are Wolborg MS (good at survival, so likes to stay in one place, doesn't move around quickly or much at all) and Jiraiya MS.

Sadly, both are just as hard to track down as Round Shell, if not harder, but at least with both or them being survival tops, they don't have a tendency to move around very fast, they just spin for a long time, so it's less likely for them to fly out of the stadium and hit someone. Key words being "less likely", caution recommended, obviously.

There are other good blades that i'd normally recommend, but most of them are way too dangerous, i still feel scared when launching a HMS blade other than Round Shell, and for that reason, i'd also stay away from Metal Fusion blades, which are even worse.

5. D-kun

D-kun Well-Known Member

I think there's always going to be that factor of danger when playing with Beyblades, but that just goes with the game. I was really into these a few years ago and personally I never saw myself or any of my friends get hurt.

I think finding any of the old HMS Beyblades would be a neat gift. Advance Averazer is a neat fun design. One of my personal favorites is the Death Gargoyle MS, although I don't know how rare that one is...

Some of the old plastic Beyblades are neat in just how they look. Personally I feel the equivalent of "G1" would be the Spin/Ultimate Dragoon and the Ultimate Frostic Dranzer, as they were some of the first Beyblades made.

Good luck finding him something! And just remember, that since this is a game with customizing involved, no Beyblade is really useless. Except for Trypio, stay away from that one.

6. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So using SAT language: Trypio is to Beyblade as Wheelie is to Transformers. Thanks for the help...this gives me a starting place...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  7. Treadshot A1

I'm going to agree with D-kun here, there are many great looking beyblades and great performance blades out there to recommend, Advance Averazer being one of them, however, i originally said Round Shell MS, Wolborg MS and Jiraiya MS for the fact they are all endurance tops, which mean they are both most likely to stand a chance against newer tops, and the least dangerous, relatively speaking of course.

Personally, any of the Advance blades are decent enough, though i can't say they're anything spectacular.

The oldest blades i remember finding around my area was Megaro Arm, and the two D-kun mentioned, which i would say: Stay the hell away from them. They suck in battle, and have a tendency to shatter when used against metal blades. Some unless you want shards of high velocity pointy plastic flying in your nephew's face, don't get him one.

And also, Trypio and Trygle both suck. I forget which is which, but on is usually orange with a spring loaded tip, and the other is a yellow one that looks like a fan. Don't get either. They're both plastic, so the suck compared to HMS or Metal Fusion, and frankly they sucked even during the plastic generation. They're worse than Wheelie. And that's saying something.
    ---------------------------------------
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you should remove all plastic blades from consideration. After Wolborg MS was released, they became obsolete, they lose most of the time, and frankly can't be customized with the newer tops (plastic goes with plastic, HMS to HMS, and Metal Fusion to Metal Fusion). Plus their lower weight means they will generally fly when hit with a newer metal blade.

The only plastic blade i can think of off the top of my head that's worth anything anymore is Voltaic Ape. Yet another rare blade, it's one of the few i think could stand half a chance against newer tops. Still, not worth the trouble to track one down.