Beware TF Classics QC issues.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusAutobot, Mar 7, 2007.

1. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

I finally recieved my classics Ramjet yesterday. I was pretty excited because I've waited a little while to finally get one. (I ordered one from hasbrotoyshop.com) It's been pretty difficult to get one in my area.

Well, I got Ramjet out of the package and noticed that one of the flip down landing gears in his chest is missing. At first, I thought it might've fell out while I opened it but, it was never there because the metal pin that holds it in place is missing as well.

So I started this thread to warn you guys (and gals) to inspect your Transformers as much as you can in the package before you buy them. There's been plenty of them with sloppy paint applications and now an issue such as this.

I wish there was something I could do about this Ramjet......I only paid 9.99 for it and it might not be worth sending all the way back to Hasbro. What do you guys think?

Also, I don't think they'll take it back since I opened it.

2. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

Think of it this way....
    You had a face....Or maybe its a no nipple special edition.

3. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Well look at this way. You're in the US so you're bound to run into one at a store. Buy-swap-return. It's no less fair than getting a fudged toy.

4. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

These are hard to find in the walmarts and targets in my area. I don't think a retail outlet will allow me to return an opened toy.

Thanks for the advice though.

5. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

6. nOObiE do0

They were hard to find everywhere when they came out.
    You just have to wait for the distros to flood the area.
    Youll be swimming in ramjets eventually.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yah, I once got a "Transformer replacement". I received a NERF BLASTER! :lol  I still have it.

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Luckily when I found Ramjet at Target there were two of them, I always inspect toys before buying them ever since the time I bought Alt Prowl when he first came out (in the red box) and I didn't notice that the paint apps on the doors were extremely blurry until after I opened him.

Back to Ramjet, the first one I picked up looked like the plastic was actually burned or something right above the face on the nosecone, I'm lucky they had two.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had bought a CL Astrotrain with 2 left shoulders. And all major retail stores will definitely let you exchange it for another. Or just buy a new one, and put this one in the package, tape it up and return it. Check the stores early in the day if you're having trouble finding him. Over here in SoCal he's peg-warming.

10. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    just throwing in my two cents:

My cliffjumper has two right forearms/fists

My Magnus' smokestack gun has been crunched by some factory gear ( the gear print is in the plastic)

My Mirage has some silver paint (from the hubcap) all over the left-rear wheel

oh, and it sucks how they preapplied some of the stickers on soundwave... fortunately they peel off nice and easy like, which made restoring my vintage SW that much more rewarding. Also... It would be nice if Classics soundwaves instructions told kids where to put the stickers.

Overall classics is a great line, they just need to not hire so many butterfingered people in the warehouses.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought Alternators Tracks a couple years ago from www.silversnail.com. When I got him opened up and Transformed, to my horror he was missing the chest piece where the autobot insignia is. I contacted them and mailed him back and they sent me a replacement. The bottom line is you spent your money on a defective product. They should replace it for you.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please don't do that. They will put it back on the shelf and sell it to someone else. Make it clear that it is defective. I bought a Rocky Balboa figure from Toys r us at Christmas not noticing it was all taped up. When I got home I noticed the tape but thought nothing of it, maybe an employee did it. I took his robe off,and his arm fell off. Someone clearly bought it, broke a stuck joint and put it in the package and made it look like it was never opened. I was so pissed. They gave me a refund with no problem at all and apologized.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I bought a TRU Reissue Skids and he had no head.

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only TF I've ever bought with a major screw up was my Wal-Mart camouflage Ruination, it came with two left combiner fists. I feel pretty lucky. I've had a few bots that had a few bad paint apps, but overall nothing too bad. All my Classics have been perfect except a stray paint mark or two on Starscream and Mirage.

15. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers have always had quality control issues (which toys don't?) but there has been a definite down turn with the Classics... especially the deluxes. The paint apps in particular have been horrible. And don't even get me started on the Magnus/Skywarp set. I have yet to see a pair that didn't have obvious paint dings, drips or scratches on at least one of the two.

16. nOObiE do0

Oh yah,
    I forgot about the jazz alt i bought with no head and gun.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wonder if they had these made at a different factory this time. Shame. They're some of the coolest TFs in years.

I haven't had any QC issues with any Classics. I have them all.

18. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

The extent of my quality control issues are as follows...

Mini-Con thrust was missing an arm; returned it for a new product no problem.

Cybertron Wreckloose suffers from two left hand syndrome; seriously it took me months to realize that my Wreckloose had two identical left hands instead of a left and a right. Haven't been able to do anything about it though; doesn't really bother me too much since unless you stare at him long enough you really don't notice what with the dark plastic used on him.

Through all my years buying Transformers those are the only two QC problems that ever cropped up; thank Primus for small miracles considering some of the horror stories I've heard about, I mean how can someone package a toy with no head?

19. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

My Classics Mirage's shoulders are switched. How hard would it be to fix this?

20. defstar

defstar Autobot...

You could just pull the other one off so both sides match...