Beware! iTunes Hacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaster_Prime, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Woke up this morning to find out that my iTunes account had somehow been hacked.

I have no idea how this could have happened, but I'm sending the word out there to everyone to watch themselves for some prick using the name "Thrsalwzsuicide."

If what he racked up on my account is anything to go by, he likes the Mobsters game (irony, no?) and may live out somewhere in CA.

Take whatever precautions necessary to make sure your accounts are safe from this asshole and others like him. Don't let this happen to you too :( 

Now for a day of calling Apple, Paypal, and my Bank to try and get this mess sorted out.

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well my credit card associated with iTunes has changed and I haven't updated it yet so no worries here..can't charge nothing if there isn't a card..

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Wow, thank's for the heads up. I use Itunes weekly and haven't come across anything like this before. I just recently purchased the entire Planet of the Apes set and will have to check my account. Thank you!

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I'm glad i've been using free apps only, which means iTunes doesn't have (and never have, iirc, but i'll have to ask my dad to be sure) any details of me or my family's bank/cards/whatnot. Still, i'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up bro.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I'd never link a bank account or CC to iTunes. I highly recommend using the gift cards that you can buy pretty much everywhere to add money to your account. Also, make your password as hard to hack as possible - letters & numbers, and long.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thing I barely use iTunes and when I do I use gift cards.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well they have a bunch of Gift cards with nothing on them :p 

8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Don't bother calling Apple, nothing they can do. They'll refer you to PayPal to set up a fraud claim, and PayPal contacts Apple's corporate security department.

9. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

UPDATE!!

Called my bank, they're canceling my card just to be safe which means I had to hit the bank before the weekend lest I be flat ass broke. They're also going to wave the charges.

I sent iTunes an e-mail basically to say "this asshole had to authorize a new device in order to get the stuff he ordered. Track his ISP and get the prick!" But, we'll see how that goes.

I think I'll take many of your examples and start using gift cards from now on...definitely don't want to go through this again.

10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Same.

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Just a heads up, it won't go anywhere because they can't track anyone, and it's for privacy reasons. Also, they don't look at his ISP or anything like that. The most we allow ourselves to see in that aspect is the OS of the computer it's downloaded on, and that's for verifying when content is lost because of a restore on an iOS device. And you don't need to authorize a computer to make purchases, just Apple ID and Password because they can purchase non-drm content or burn it to CDs right away to strip any DRM.