Beware ebay user Faithtonic22

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by spoonman, Jan 27, 2012.

1. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I don't see him registered here but he is at Hisstank. On Dec 17 2011 he won my Custom Megatron Reformatted. I shipped it on the 19 of Dec, the following Monday. On Dec 22nd I found 4 messages within 2 hours of each other from Faithtonic22. The first asking where his item was. the second wanting to know why I havent responded and the third stating he was opening an Item Not Recieved case. Within 2 hours!! As well as only winning the item 4 days prior, with a Sunday thrown in AND from Rhode Island to Los Angeles, DURING THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! He could not understand how I could have shipped it without a tracking number and accused me of lying. He did not request a tracking #. Next, without contacting me, he opened another case stating that the item was Not Recieved As Described. He said none of the accessories shown in the auction were sent with the Megatron. If he had taken the time to contact me or even look a little further, he would have noticed that these parts were enclosed in a bag in the underneath compartment of the Skyhammer box in which I shipped it. The next day I recieved a message from him saying that the head broke off in shipping. If it was broken during shipping, why wouldn't that be the FIRST complaint? I Offered to fix it. I suggested he ship just the head back to me and that I would re-drill the peg. He claimed that this was too much trouble and wanted a refund. I refunded him on January first. I asked him via email on the 7th if he had shipped it yet and his response was "I'll do it Tuesday thanks for nothing"
    It is the 27th and I still have not recieved my Megatron back. Just wanted to alert you all as to how this person does business. I would advise anyone to steer clear. I do not feel good about bad-mouthing anyone but this is just absolutely uncalled for.
    Thanks for lissenin'
    Spoon

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    take this as a lesson learned...always send with tracking when dealing with ebay.

3. spoonman

I just wanted to post this as proof. I finally heard back from him today. Here is the email:

Go for it asshole don't threaten me, I sent it back so be it, deal with and good luck with your legal action for what 80 bucks dumbass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: <thecapper22@yahoo.com>;
    Subject: Re: Megatron
    Sent: Fri, Jan 27, 2012 5:31:54 PM

I am giving you until Monday to respond to me regarding why I have not recieved my Custom Megatron (ebay item number 110792422364) which you stated on January 7th that you would ship it on January 10th. Again, I have been more than patient with you and will not tolerate this situation any longer. If I do not hear from you by Monday, January 30th, I can assure you Mr. Bolanos, that legal action, which has allready been staged, will be implemented.
    Allen Campbell

-----Original Message-----
    To: Allen Campbell <decepticreep2@aol.com>
    Sent: Sat, Jan 7, 2012 5:05 pm
    Subject: Re: Megatron

out of town right now, will send it on tuesday not ot worry thanks for nothing

To: thecapper22@yahoo.com
    Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2012 10:21 AM
    Subject: Megatron

You have been refunded. Have you sent my property back to me yet?

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    TFfan buyers + ebay = instant nervous breakdowns. I do not understand it but it seems to happen constantly.

WTF is wrong with fans in general? Assburgers? Cheap asses? I do not understand (or take part in, thank god) the neuroses.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added him to my block list. Never knew it was case sensitive.

Read the negative and neutral feedbacks. All sound true, pretty sad really. Threatening someone's family?.....

6. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Damn dude, what a nut job!!! Thanks for looking out!!

Read his negative feedback, horrible.

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would have never given a reund unless he sent it back first.

8. spoonman

I had no intention of refunding until I got it back, but responding to the dispute, it did it automatically. I was pissed but this whole thing has been a learning experience. After 9 years trading on ebay I guess I got a little complacent. From now on it's tracking numbers and read the fine print for this a-hole!

9. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    They automatically refunded him without him shipping the items back to you? Thats horseshit man, call them up, that should not happen.

10. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I would have gone into Hisstank and called him out.

11. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow man, sorry to hear this but I have done business with Alfie and all went well. Unfortunately you did SO many things wrong here that you really screwed yourself.

1. Shipped with out shipping confirmation or tracking.... how did you ship it? If you did not ship it vis priority mail then you assume the risk.
    2. Refunded money without getting the item back first..... that is how eBay has their resolution system set up. The buyer has to ship back, and then eBay/paypal will release the funds back to the buyer.
    3. Did not provide the buyer with detailed instructions where items were, transformation process, etc.

Take it a lessoned learned and ALWAYS ship with tracking AND insurance and NEVER send a refund until you receive your item back.

12. Zildjian

News Credits:
    There is no way eBay/paypal refunded the money prior to you receiving the item back. Their system is set to automatically refund the money once the delivery confirmation number is shown as delivered, not before. Believe me I have dealt with this issue MULTIPLE times and have spent hours on the phone with eBay/paypal.

13. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its case sensitive, you need a lower case "f"

14. spoonman

Z, I'm not sure how it happened, but once I submitted my response to the dispute, the refund went automatically. I do not understand how that happened but I can assure you it did. As for Alfie himself, i'm not sure if I caught him on a bad week, but regardless of what I did or did not do, there is no reason for him to act as unprofessionally and immature as he is. His last message, responding to my very polite statement that I would need to get some authorative backing to see that the matter is dealt with, was laced with expletives and threats. It's a shame really. I'm not going to set out on some crusade to destroy the guy over something as trivial as this, I will just never deal with him again. And I will absolutely, from now on take every precaution to make sure there are no questions regarding any transaction. Learning experience indeed, sir.

15. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Not trying to doubt you, but did it actually say it was refunded, or were they just holding it? I've had that happen acouple times. If they did refund automatically definitely call them, and raise all hell.

16. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    Dude, ebay nowadays are filled with bullshit buyers. Its a pretty scary place for people selling things honestly. Something I do once I get paid, I remove the money from my pp account immediately and wait, that way, if the asshole buyer tries to pull some shit aint giving them a damn thing, I will have them close out my pp account first before I pay a scammer. It sucks. but its just protecting yourself. also, I have all the important info first like a tracking number, insurance, delivery confirmation, I may even jump it up to sig confirmation. Gotta have all the weapons if your gonna fight a scammer.

I had one asshat try and ask me where his $300 toy was cause he hasnt recieved it yet, so I just tracked it thru usps and said it arrived at your house yesterday dickhead.

One of the best ones was from a board member here, the guy asked where his toy was about a month after I shipped it priority(in the USA), I figured by that time he got it so I threw out the tracking number. well, long story short, I refunded him only to recieve the toy back in the mail about six weeks later. The dude never went to the post office to get it, he played a dumbass. I actually tracked his posts around the time he bought it off of me and he was showing off the same toy but only sealed in post. i guess he found a better deal.

I fucking hate scammers with a passion.
    Sorry, rant ended.

Also, dont ever deal with a guy named Joey McCabe. If you meet him, just walk away as far as you can. I consider this guy the devil when it comes to tf dealings.

ok, done.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I once sold a special edition of the Micronaut Biotron (silver & black) They guy not only got it, but showed it off in his haul thread post and thanked me for selling it to him...then on the very last day possible he filed a dispute. Apparently he was hoping that I had reacted to his thanks and his e-mail that he got it by throwing out the confirmation. Fortunately I hadn't so Paypal denied his claim and then he tried to pull the same thing with Visa.

18. Zildjian

News Credits:
    I would definitely call paypal and protest then. They can not do that without first alerting you and at the very least confirming the buyer sent the item back. What I think may have happened is that paypal gives you generally 3 options to close a case one of which is "issue a full refund". You may have unknowingly selected that.

As for Alfie, he can be demanding and a bit overly aggressive, but is generally a good guy that expects the best items. And no doubt that he should never have responded to you like he did.

Like you said, this was a lessoned learned about how to protect yourself when shipping and dealing with eBay/paypal..... it is a VERY tough place to sell now. I still love the fact that eBay determines your account status based on the feedback that buyers give you..... but don't REQUIRE buyers to leave feedback. So if you have 10 sales 9 of which are positive but none of the buyers leave feedback, and the last sale was a bad one and that seller leaves bad feedback..... your account is in "bad" standing.

19. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Man this makes me worried about my first ever sales on ebay over the weekend. Really hope I don't get the same troubles that some of you guys had.. I already printed out there shipping labels through ebay with priority mail, and packaged the stuff as good as bbts or tfsource! *fingers crossed*

20. PowermasterPimp

PowermasterPimp Active Member

Sorry to hear that..One thing you never send Nothing out without Delivery Conformation regards if they don't want it it's not an option.Saves alot of headaches.