BEWARE! e-hobby black and ghost starscream + blue ultra magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Optimus Scourge, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    e-hobby black and ghost starscream + blue ultra magnus

only an $80 BIN, but the shipping is $480!

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/e-hobby-black-a...oryZ4694QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I contacted him with this:

"Shipping is $480? Are you kidding me? Why don't you just ask for a higher bid instead of trying to scam someone? Yes, I know what they are worth, but you are trying to capitalize on someones stupidity. Be sure this auction will be posted around the online TF community to BEWARE!"

Take one and pass it on...

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Woah, that's teh ghey.

3. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

That is a direct violation of eBay terms and rules. He is circumventing eBay listing and sales fees. You should report him since you intially contacted him and called him on this bluff. What's funny is he admits to you that he is doing the circumventing, AND posted your question and his incriminating response in his auction!

This guy is a MORON. Report him!

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Shipping is NEVER $480 ANYWHERE.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't know wether you guys read his reply to the question.

i think that's fair enough. don't see why he didn't just list it as a private auction though.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, are private auctions more expensive?

7. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    tempted to press buy it now just to "screw him over" :p 

8. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

umm no that is not fair. It's blatent abuse of shipping charges to avoid fees incurred from listing and selling an item through eBay. Don't belive me? Read eBay rules or seach "circumventing eBay fees" on eBay. You'll find topics concerning this, and this type of behavior is not permitted on eBay. If it was then we'd all be able to list items for $1.00 BIN, and just rack up our shipping fees to compensate for the actual price.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    who really cares what this guy does? are you like an enforcer of ebay rules or something? he already posted why he was doing it. if you could save some money on those ebay fees, wouldnt you? and if ebay doesnt catch on, more power to you. if you really must report him though, go for it, if this all you have to worry about.

10. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Yeah, he's just dodging fees, but whatever.

The purpose of this thread was to alert you all from hitting the BIN in error.

He seems to have a legit reason and if you want to report him, go ahead, I'm not wasting my time.

11. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I understand why you posted it Optimus Scourge....like you said, just giving us the heads up....we all at times have been uber excited to see something rare at an unbelievable BIN price, and react before reading the fine print....I learned that lesson a long time ago....

But as you and others have said, including the seller, this is for one person in particular, thus the outrageous shipping fees.....I guess he was hoping someone would see those fees before hitting the BIN...so far, 4 hours in, its still working....I know that would deter me...:lol 

I dont understand why he didnt just send him an invoice thru paypal for the same thing....meh...what do I know?!

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    He probably wants a record of the transaction.

13. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that when you (generally) contact an eBay PowerSeller and they respond, that their grammar is horrible. It seems like you're conversing with a second grader.
    Do they not have the time to use proper spelling or punctuation? It reflects very poorly on them.

14. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    I would guess it's a safer way for both buyer and seller going through ebay, and he gets current (all his is old) feedback as well, because he wants to unload some stuff soon.

15. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I for one, appreciate the fact that you took your time to warn me! Thanks man....even tho I usually eagle hawk all auctions up and down that I look at, an extra 2 eye's helps sometimes!

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the seller wants the security of ebay and the feedback to go with it, then the seller needs to pay the ebay fees. Ebay's not a charity. I enjoy being able to buy and sell items from and to anyone in the world. And guess what? That ability/convenience costs money. Reported.

17. Malach Ra

News Credits:

give me break. the security of ebay, what the hell do they offer besides nothing when someone with less than 50 positives screws you over big. yep, thats right, nothing. and paypals a joke also with their bullshit security. so ebay can take the fees and stick it way up their asses. I do this kinda of selling also, and I take my buisness outside of ebay via ebay whenever possible. am I wrong, hell no, its my buisness and to tell you the truth-ebay could give a shit. they could give a shit less about the buyer and the seller. so if you want to be a rep of ebay rules here, go right ahead, but it will be a sad day when I have nothing else to do than report people on ebay for stupid shit. but i guess I'll feel better for following the rules.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the kind of logic that is degrading society as a whole. Nice job. You lose. Ebay has a policy regarding circumventing fees. You don't have to like it, but if you choose to buy and sell on ebay, then you should follow it. Same with any rule or policy. Want to drive a car? Gotta follow the rules. Want to own a business? Gotta follow the rules. Welcome to life and being an adult. Whether you chose to follow the rules or not is your perogative, but don't be surprised when someone calls you on it.

19. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    using ebay as life lessons of being adult is just about as sad a reporting somebody for not following ebay rules. Seems like I'm not the one who needs an introduction to being an adult my friend. I have bills to pay, a house to keep up, work everyday, etc.-I could go on and on with adult shit. but reporting people for not following ebay rules...well, I guess if had enough to time during the day not to act like an adult, then yeah, I'd be searching ebay high and low looking for the people trying to scam ebay...and ebay wouldnt even have to pay me, just the thought of me having pretty much no life would keep me satisfied.

20. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

:lolol 

Im not a damn robot..beep beep error error must report....error...

Hey this country wasnt built on following rules....

If everyone followed "the rules" the investigation dept. with sticks up thier asses wouldnt have a job...hahaha......

Way to make em work overtime.....lol j/k....