Beware Computron Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ewokfan, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ewokfan

ewokfan Well-Known Member

Yet again, in the hopes of finding a legit Computron giftset, I decided to put more time in doing some research.

Transformers G1 Computron with box and Abominus Lot on eBay.ca (item 140529692219 end time 04-Apr-11 16:27:24 EDT)

Asked seller to confirm whether this is original or ko and seller didn't know. However, I checked other Japanese giftset boxes online and the other 2 on ebay. I noticed 3 differences:

1)the bottom right corner of nosecone and the bottom left corner of strafe, there are 2 and 1/4 boxes in between while the other ones have full 3 boxes in between

2) There are not white japanese writing below C-89 in the bottom of the box while others do

3) the very bottom of the box (where the white japanese writing should be) have boxes while other ones do not have boxes at all across the entire bottom line.

In the end, people make their decisions whether it's real or fake but my opinion is fake based on the above (plus the box seems to be too good of a condition and there's no paperwork with it).

Also beware of the Computron giftset that is from a seller in Ontario, Canada.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Transformers-Computron-Technobots-/150584893597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item230f8f209d

I have big suspicions (based on one of my previous post) that this is fake and the fact that this person has multiple ebay ID's (i seen this same giftset listed under 4 ebay sellers in Ontario Canada now, kind of obvious when the 4 sellers using similar text and have the same ridiculous shipping and handling charges). I reported this to ebay and they don't care.

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You pretty much have to raise a huge stink with them before they'll do any form of research. And even then, they'll give excuses as if they really don't want to do anything about it. I know, because I reported a mislabeled car part multiple times and they didn't do anything until I called them and asked them what was the point in reporting anything if they don't do anything about the report. They're response "Oh we don't know enough about these items to determine whether or not your report was factual....blah blah blah".....and this is despite me giving them proof of what I said was true. *facepalm*

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I know a few years back KO box was floating around, think a friend of mine has one ill check with him and report back.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yet another sign that ebay just does not fucking care.

it's all about the seller $$$$$$ fees folks...that's it...that is all they care about.