Beware at this dangerous jerk

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by puffmarko, Mar 3, 2009.

1. puffmarko

puffmarko psychological terrorist

Ebay:
  2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Now I feel stupid. I can't see what's wrong with it....

Then again, I'm not a member of CSI:TFW2005

3. puffmarko

Ebay:
    First of all...if this superion was really sealed,then I'm the third Hartman Brother. a misb superion does not have APPLIED STIKERS on jet wings!!

Second..the pics used by this scammer seems stolen from a well-knowned collection. I'm 99,99% sure that Superion pic are from our TFW2005 member Billy Love's showcase.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...109401-billys-transformers-g1-collection.html

third: prices of its auctions are totally insane. there is too difference (1100usd) between the starting price and the BIN price. If I was a MISB Superion owner, I'd NEVER run the risk to sell it at that ridicolous starting price. Did I make myself clear?

NOTE:unfortunately,this idiot is from Italy. And Italy is my Country.
    I'm sorry for it,I have no word to explain my shame.
    Mates,it's an obvious thing...but please don't think that all italian collectors are like him.

4. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    GREAT CATCH..THOSE ARE PICS FROM Billy's Transformers G1 collection...

5. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

"you won't find it cheaper than this!"

hehe

6. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

this guy is a total scum bag

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    not to bright of a scammer I might add. thanks puff for the heads up!!

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    What a dork!

9. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    Okay, let me go out on a limb here. In 1986 when they came out, I was actually the age that didn't get these comments from clerks, "Oh my son used to play with these when he was little <hint, hint, you're too old!>."

I don't remember the G1s coming as a box set, you had to buy them all individually - which was part of the fun and the marketing ploy! Each came on a card or one of those tell-tale G1 boxes. We had to buy them (or steal them or get Mom to fork it up for one) from the store 1-by-1 (and yes, for the record I did confess & repent of the retail fraud - it was a bad time in my life!). The leader/center figure would come in a big box & retail about $20 while the arms & legs were on cards. I remember b/c I had Mensor ([sic] Stunticon leader), Brawl, and Blackout who I would use with two other mismatches to make a big 'un.

Am I faulty in my recollection here? I could talk to my analyst about some hypnosis to bring out the repressed memories :crazy: !

P.S., The next clerk who hints at the age thing will get this: <put on a nice smile & strike the compassionate therapist pose and then say> "Yes, I used to be into more childish things. Before I would get hopeless intoxicated on substances, entrust my entire self to complete strangers while as helpless as an infant, and get used for their own selfish gratification. <smile broadens, enthusiastic glint in eye, and resume speaking> Well, now I'm up to this so thank God for progress!"

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Boxsets for almost all the combiners were available too. I seem to recall them being available from catalogs around christmas time.

11. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
  12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Because he's trying to scam $1800 out of people, perhaps? I'd call that dangerous to the wallet at the least.
    Reported. Asshole.

13. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember seeing the stunticon giftset in Kaybee toys, and begging my parents and never getting it.

14. puffmarko

Ebay:
    I should not respond to your question. please read the Draven's reply one hundred times.

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I just checked out the auction and he said it's a stock photo and not a pic of the actual item, has that changed since you guys reported him? Also what does the starting price difference have to do with the buy it now price? The starting price can be $0.99 and still have a super high reserve price, right?

The only thing I see that's clearly odd is that you actually have no idea what his sealed version looks like since he stated it's not a photo of the one he's selling. The mistake would be on the buyer if they bought it without seeing it, right?

16. puffmarko

Ebay:
    YES,indeed.

wanna keep to justify the behaviour of these scammers for a while more?
    this fraudster is clearly trying to get clever with our communty.
    I am a long time collector,I learned transiction after transiction the value of these toys,and I always paid attention at these fraudolent auctions.
    it's absolutely ILLOGIC to sell an item like it and no show any pics of it. at least,suspicious enough to not bid on it.
    only two words: NO MERCY

17. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I agree that he's trying to be clever but without any real evidence that he's scamming, what can be done besides not buy his stuff? I mean any collector should be aware that auctions without real pics are gonna be fake or risky.

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    You could buy them both ways back then.
    I actually got the Superion box set for Christmas in the eighties.
    They were also available individually.

19. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    I stand corrected! Thank you all as now I know that simply because they're a box set doesn't = "reissue"/not G1.

Still, not the real photos? To me (not a lawyer), that sounds like intent to deceive unless that was real clear. However given the amount of digital cameras out there and the east to get one, how can you justify with eBay (and PayPal if the buyer goes that way!!!) that this wasn't doesn't show intent to deceive? :crazy:  :drunk 

If so & eBay (+ PayPal, if applicable) wanted a piece of your ass, that would be a felony level of retail fraud. You'd be going to places where you need to keep the soap on the rope! Especially when they say, "Well, I'm here for shootin' punks who stiffed me on crack deals, what are you in here for?" - Would you want to say, "I tried to scam TF fans on eBay?" Sounds like a fast track to prison bitchdom...

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    We can report his auctions and destroy his reputation. That's what. But remember to use this power for good.